This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:56 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:21 pm [SD] Picard's exchange with Admiral Fuckface ("how many people does it take, Admiral?") that leads him to take off the pips and start an Insurrection.
I was wondering just who that term referred to. Must be a 2E thing and/or an inside joke.
It's a 2e thing. Matthew Dougherty has been around since the Decipher days, but the most recent set gave us the Cousteau and a bunch of easy Briar Patch Region missions that you can combo with him for some pretty stupid dilemma denial chain download shenanigans.

Thus the 'Admiral Fuckface' TNG deck.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:46 pm I've been trying to come up with a set of 9 for a "What would your dream promo series" be, and have been short so far, but the best two I came up with:

Montgomery Scott: We got the original with Scotty looking a little rough as he's just come out of the transporter buffer and the only AI is the same image but he's holding a Tribble for the TWT starters. There are better images of him to use from Relics.

Spock: Better base picture, but only AI we've ever gotten is him as a black border, which was 1 VP. An actual AI might be a nice bookend for 300.
If we are talking Montgomery Scott, I'd love this image Image. It is an alternate angle of the 'Here's to ya lads" toast.

It's a fitting salute to all things Trek.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:21 pm [SD] Picard's exchange with Admiral Fuckface ("how many people does it take, Admiral?") that leads him to take off the pips and start an Insurrection.
I was wondering just who that term referred to. Must be a 2E thing and/or an inside joke.
I believe it's Matthew Dougherty, "Partner" in Crime for the record.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:49 am
I believe it's Matthew Dougherty, "Partner" in Crime for the record.
Nah. In the context of the Admiral Fuckface deck it's definitely OG Dougherty.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I would vote for these or for the original promo: Data Laughing.
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:46 pm I've been trying to come up with a set of 9 for a "What would your dream promo series" be, and have been short so far, but the best two I came up with:

Montgomery Scott: We got the original with Scotty looking a little rough as he's just come out of the transporter buffer and the only AI is the same image but he's holding a Tribble for the TWT starters. There are better images of him to use from Relics.

Spock: Better base picture, but only AI we've ever gotten is him as a black border, which was 1 VP. An actual AI might be a nice bookend for 300.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Iron Prime wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:01 am I would vote for these or for the original promo: Data Laughing.

I'd have suggested Data Laughing if we hadn't just made one (it's 283 VP). In fact, "the original promo" was exactly why I suggested it as a promo in that series (based on giving old TNG cards new property logos).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Preferably not a card whose image is a blurry foreground object on a blurry background, especially when apparently better footage exists and can be found in second edition (even if the card is a different card in that different game).

Also preferably a card whose main power hasn't been gimped by heavy-handed rules changes in a format of the game that you're promoting as the primary format of choice.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:36 am What about hundeds of 3s?
"All Threes" is an inspired choice.

But I can't remember the episode, is there a good alternate image for that? The original Decipher image is already pretty lousy, making me think there wasn't a good option in the first place.

Also it's apparently banned, so would need errata. But then again, that could be two birds with one stone.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:17 am
eberlems wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:36 am What about hundeds of 3s?
"All Threes" is an inspired choice.

But I can't remember the episode, is there a good alternate image for that? The original Decipher image is already pretty lousy, making me think there wasn't a good option in the first place.

Also it's apparently banned, so would need errata. But then again, that could be two birds with one stone.
I think the terminal screens have 3s all over them when Data and Geordi run diagnostics.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
How about we save that one for VP 333? :wink:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:53 pm How about we save that one for VP 333? :wink:
Well, I'm sold on that idea!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I have two thoughts:

1) I absolutely should have saved this for my next turn in the Friday question rotation!

2) It seems like we want to skip 300 VP as the special card and do 333 VP instead?

-crp
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]