This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks, it's Friday, and it's time for another question! I hope you had the chance to see the pretty gorgeous Bajoran promos that were spoiled this week. Here they are, if you haven't:

General Krim
Assault Vessel
HQ: Return Orb to Bajor
The Celestial Temple

These promos, part of the "Year of the Bajoran," are for this year's Regional, Trek Masters Series, Continental, and World Champions, respectively. They are available to anyone that attends the appropriate event. I think our 1E Art Team really knocked these out of the park.

Since 2016, we've done "Year of the _____" as our organized promo themes, going in the same order used on First Edition missions.
(Which is roughly the order the affiliations were introduced.)
This means that next year will be the Year of the Dominion, and our Organized Play team is hard at work figuring out events for 2022. That includes next year's promos, and for that we want your help!

What do you want to see as 2022's Year of the Dominion promos?

Traditionally, we've done a ship and commander pair for Regional and Trek Masters. We've also kept the character and ship the same between 1E and 2E (and often Tribbles, too.) More recently, we've been doing a signature verb (event, incident, etc.) for Continentals and a mission, Time Location, or other for Worlds.

But next year, we're willing to change all of that up! We'll take different characters for each game, break the pattern, give up on the ship/commander pair, anything. It's all on the table, as long as it's Dominion related. What would you like to see next year? What promo would get you wanting to travel to our higher level events?

Sound off, and let us know. And have a great weekend!

-crp
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Thank you, Charlie. If you are reading this, now is your chance to have your voice heard. Prior to COVID, we had a number of submissions that came from the community, most notably (if memory serves) the Alternate Image of Assign Support Personnel was a direct response to this question a couple years ago. So, let's hear it! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
A more serious set of suggestions:

Kudak'Etan
[Dom] U.S.S Defiant

^^^ This works just fine in 2e, 1e would need a [Dom] -affiliation U.S.S. Defiant

Alternatively: Weyoun/Weyoun's Warship have 2e equivalents:
Weyoun/Tenak'Talar

NE Weyoun isn't the easiest to find these days either.

The Great Link

^^^ Facilities aren't a thing in 2e so you'd need something else in its place

Intelligence Operation
Founders' Homeworld

Shape-Shift
Caught Red-Handed

Any chance to foil-fy the founders Jello-state would probably end up looking pretty good.

Just a few off- the- top- of- my- head thoughts...

:twocents:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Honestly, I'd be happy with some TNG Outpost, Ship and Equipment cards redone with DS9 pictures and logos. But that's not really dominion enough though, right? Perhaps instead some [1E-P] , [Dual] , [1E-S] , [1E-Int] , [Door] , [Equ] , [1E-Evt] , [Obj] , [Inc] , [Art] etc. cards that only appear in non-DS9 format and redo them as DS9 with a picture and lore refering to the [Dom] .

Some ideas:

-Holo-Projectors [1E-Evt] (TNG/Voy) featuring the Jem'Hadar holo-decoys from the "Seige of AR-558"
-Iconian Gateway [Art] (TNG) shows the Gamma Quadrant dooway found by the Dominion in "To The Death"
-Tricorder [Equ] (TNG) with a picture of a Jem'Hadar using a Dominion tricorder from "In the Cards"
-Starfleet Type III Phaser Rifle [Equ] (FC/Voy)- Jem'Hadar being shot at close range "Seige of AR-558
-Lower Decks (TNG/Voy) - Referance to dominion ranking systems.
-Security Sacrifice (TNG) [1E-Int] - shows a Jem'Hadar dead, dying or being shot
-Prepare Assault Teams (FC) [Obj] Showing, you guessed it, Jem'Hadar

Those are just the ones I dug out i nthe last 30 min.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]