This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
5. None of the above.

When an effect happens to a dual personnel card, it affects both personnel on that card. You only use one of your TMW reports for it, because that is a single action. It just so happens to apply to both. The limit is on the number of times you can take that action, not on the number of personnel affected by the action.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:53 am 5. None of the above.

When an effect happens to a dual personnel card, it affects both personnel on that card. You only use one of your TMW reports for it, because that is a single action. It just so happens to apply to both. The limit is on the number of times you can take that action, not on the number of personnel affected by the action.
So, it would just be an invalid action? Does a similar thing happen in regard to Bluegill Infestation? Is it invalid to try and Bluegil a dual personnel?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
I did not say that. It is a valid action.

https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/i ... nnel-cards
They count as two personnel, but the individuals on a dual-personnel card have a linked destiny: what happens to one usually happens to the other.
Bluegill is a different beast entirely, I would say. But I'm not entirely sold on my own logic for this part. Here's my reasoning: The limit to "seven unique personnel" isn't an effect on them. Therefore, each of the two personnel on a dual-personnel card are counted separately for the purposes of Bluegill. So if you have five individuals, plus a dual-personnel, that'd be your seven total.

(There are other situations where dual-personnel affect "counts" like that, but off the top of my head, I can't remember which they are.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:01 pm I did not say that. It is a valid action.

They count as two personnel, but the individuals on a dual-personnel card have a linked destiny: what happens to one usually happens to the other.
Bluegill is a different beast entirely, I would say. But I'm not entirely sold on my own logic for this part. Here's my reasoning: The limit to "seven unique personnel" isn't an effect on them. Therefore, each of the two personnel on a dual-personnel card are counted separately for the purposes of Bluegill. So if you have five individuals, plus a dual-personnel, that'd be your seven total.

(There are other situations where dual-personnel affect "counts" like that, but off the top of my head, I can't remember which they are.)
Then, by this rule, why wouldn't I be able to TMW "second 1/2 of the card", since it happens "automatically"?
If either personnel on a dual-personnel card is: stopped, killed, captured, moved, removed from play, downloaded, reported for free, or otherwise experiences some change in status or position (for example, is phased, "held by aliens", or changes affiliation), then the same thing automatically happens to the other personnel on the card. One cannot survive without the other, so they can never be separated.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:16 pm
JeBuS wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:01 pm I did not say that. It is a valid action.

Then, by this rule, why wouldn't I be able to TMW "second 1/2 of the card", since it happens "automatically"?
If either personnel on a dual-personnel card is: stopped, killed, captured, moved, removed from play, downloaded, reported for free, or otherwise experiences some change in status or position (for example, is phased, "held by aliens", or changes affiliation), then the same thing automatically happens to the other personnel on the card. One cannot survive without the other, so they can never be separated.
I don't understand the question. Both of the personas on a dual-personnel card are automatically TMW'ed when one of them is.
Last edited by JeBuS on Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:18 pm I don't understand the question. Both of the personas on a dual-affiliation card are automatically TMW'ed when one of them is.
My fault. I misinterpreted your initial answer. So you are saying that I CAN TMW the Mr. and Ms. Troi. Apologies!

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: