This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:51 am Ok, this scenario came up yesterday.

Mirror T’Pol became the matching commander of the Future Enterprise being driven by an M-5 computer.

What attack restrictions should be followed? Fed or Starfleet?
It's still a [Fed] ship (or at least you haven't given any indication that it isn't in your fact pattern), so [Fed] attack restrictions still apply.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:54 am I think both apply, so even if you get past the Future's [Fed] restrictions, you still can't automatically fight a [SF] opponent.

-crp
True, though if you have Emblem of the Empire in play, that issue solves itself.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Groups always have ALL their attack restrictions. So a ship always has its affiliation attack restrictions (I guess that's the bobs/M5's programming) and a single off-color personnel aboard adds all hers as well.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:00 pm Groups always have ALL their attack restrictions. So a ship always has its affiliation attack restrictions (I guess that's the bobs/M5's programming) and a single off-color personnel aboard adds all hers as well.
Correct. For maximum shenanigans, you'd want Terran Flagship: Predator on the FE along with the aforementioned Emblem card.

I'd *love* to see somebody pull that one off.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:00 pm Groups always have ALL their attack restrictions. So a ship always has its affiliation attack restrictions (I guess that's the bobs/M5's programming) and a single off-color personnel aboard adds all hers as well.
Even when Tpol is not “in control” of the ship at all? Essentially, she is a passenger on a drone.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yep. You put one copy of Naomi Wildman on a Klingon ship fully staffed by 47 Klingons and boom, the Klingons must obey Federation attack restrictions.

For that matter, put your own non-intruder Naomi Wildman on Raptor One and boom, it has Fed restrictions, too, even if your Rommies are really steering it from the Drone room.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]