This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Tuesday! ist! dilemmentag!

(I do not know if I spelled that right, but hope I made up for it with enthusiasm.)

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:45 pm I know that by now there is, thankfully, some 1E content out there on youtube, some of it quite excellent (SnackTrek!), and while I wouldn't presume to be able to create something of the same quality, maybe I can add my own little bit to the material available without stepping on anyone's toes.

For the moment, on my channel (jkkaiser) you'll find two regular weekly shows, as well as some extra material.

[Dual] Tuesday is Dilemma Day (5-15 minutes, every Tuesday), which looks at and analyzes interesting dilemma combos seen in tournament games.

[HA] Thursday Night Deckbuilding
(~30-60 minutes, previously streamed live on Twitch every Thursday 22:00 CEST, but now has been relegated to going directly to youTube.) Presents decks I've recently played in tournaments, updates to decks I've played years ago, but mostly simply deck ideas that I would love to try if only there was more opportunity to do so.

• The Beyond Traditional playlist includes brief segments introducing concept/cards/mechanics/strategies from the virtual expansions; primarily aimed at those who are familiar with the Decipher card pool, but haven't yet tested the waters of the complete card pool. Will only be updated infrequently.

•The [Pun] Tournament Footage playlist is the place where you will find games recorded at in-person tournaments. At the moment, you'll find a few games from German Nationals (including the round 4 decider between world champs Peter and Steve) and a Sealed side event from the same weekend.

I'll try to keep doing the two shows as regularly as possible. Any feedback, comments, subscriptions are highly appreciated.
Thanks for creating these videos they are entertaining and helpful!

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect

Am I already up to episode 20? Time flies...

To celebrate the 20th episode of Thursday Night Deckbuilding, master deck builder and two-time world champion Peter joins me this week to share one of his ingenious deck designs.
As we chat for just over one hour, we go over core mechanics of the deck, its strengths and weaknesses, fun things you can do with it, mathematics behind card ratios, and some general strategy, too.
Thanks very much to Peter for coming on the show and giving us some insight into his deckbuilding theory!

If you would also like to present a deck of yours on my show, or play an exhibition match that we could record, please get in touch, I'd happy to arrange something.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Quick heads-up that content output will likely be reduced significantly starting immediately. Unfortunately, extreme staffing shortage at work means my workload/hours per week has just about doubled (likely until the end of May), leaving very little free time to work on STCCG stuff.

I have some scripts/material in various stages of development, and will try to find the time to finish and publish what I have in the coming weeks.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Kaiser wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:35 am I hear there be spoilers.
You are a BEAST, Kaiser. Keep up the good work.

I'll see ya at Worlds 2022 (hopefully) and I will be sure to bring the Trail Mix. :wink: :shifty: :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:07 pm
Kaiser wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:35 am I hear there be spoilers.
You are a BEAST, Kaiser. Keep up the good work.

I'll see ya at Worlds 2022 (hopefully) and I will be sure to bring the Trail Mix. :wink: :shifty: :cheersL:
Has Worlds 2022 been announced yet?

I miss a memo?

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:04 pm Quick heads-up that content output will likely be reduced significantly starting immediately. Unfortunately, extreme staffing shortage at work means my workload/hours per week has just about doubled (likely until the end of May), leaving very little free time to work on STCCG stuff.

I have some scripts/material in various stages of development, and will try to find the time to finish and publish what I have in the coming weeks.
Love your stuff Kaiser. Have you thought about bringing more people in on the project? What you are attempting is hell of alot of content. I don't know who would be interested, but you could serve as a hub of content from multiple creators either sending you in videos for your Tuesday and Thursday builds or by making a quick intro and then leaving a link to their channel. Just a thought that you can maybe coordinate with the community or the CC.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect

I can't make it to Worlds this year, but if I could, one of the three or four decks I'd bring would definitely be one that exploits Double Dumbass.

In episode 25 of Thursday Night Deckbuilding, I'm running down the interrupt/dilemma interaction I've been toying around with ever since Paradise Lost was released. My very first draft in the stacked online tournament went 3-2, with the two losses largely due to things other than the main gimmick shown here in this more streamlined, more straightforward version. I've also paired this gimmick with a Klingon deck, a Romulan one, and *redacted*, that all have different strengths.

The video doesn't go into detail how to play around the combos, but there are of course some (in some cases quite obvious) ways to do so. Still, when the gimmick worked, I was quite happy with the result.

If *YOU*would like to present a deck of yours on my show, or play an exhibition match that we could record, please get in touch, I'd happy to arrange something.

stressedoutatumc wrote:Love your stuff Kaiser. Have you thought about bringing more people in on the project? What you are attempting is hell of alot of content. I don't know who would be interested, but you could serve as a hub of content from multiple creators either sending you in videos for your Tuesday and Thursday builds or by making a quick intro and then leaving a link to their channel. Just a thought that you can maybe coordinate with the community or the CC
Thanks for the kind words.
No, I don't really have plans to bring other people in. I have no problem with this channel being dead for weeks or months occasionally during times of increased workload or lack of inspiration. That said, I'd be happy to do the occasional guest spot and team up for one-offs here and there if it can be arranged; but I won't get involved in any situation where I'm under pressure to meet deadlines or even keep up communications with others.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
I've seen every of your videos. Some of them more than once :-)
Thanks for your hard work on it.
And as a sidenote, one of my Friends, that is not on this Forum, told me of your channel. So you are also known outside of TrekCC.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation