This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

To what degree would you participate in regular Office Hours livestreams?

I'm in every time!
38%
I'll chat, but not appear.
23%
I'll watch the recording.
23%
Only if I'm really bored.
No votes
0%
I would never.
15%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks, and welcome to another Friday. That means another question, and this week's is about something I used to do - Office Hours. If you never heard of this, I used to set aside an hour or two a week and jump on a live stream on our YouTube channel. People could join the stream and I'd chat about whatever. I'd also interact with the chat and do work on the future of First Edition. They were often fun, but usually sparsely attended and over time, I fell away from doing them.

But recently I've been thinking about bringing them back. Would you participate in a revived Office Hours program? What you entice you to watch and/or join? Or what would keep you away?

Sound off and share your thoughts with me... and gain strength from the sharing. Speaking of Sybok, stay tuned for a Project Status Update on Monday - the first one in 2021! What? How is that possible? I know it shocked me. And keep an eye on North American Continentals this weekend in Orlando, Florida - good luck to all who play down there.

-crp
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I don't mind criticism of decisions we as a department have made. I wouldn't be a very good leader if I did. Hopefully, it was an enjoyable discussion for others.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
My attendance is more a function of "what else is going on" and "did I remember the show is on".

I can't remember seeing one I didn't enjoy, though.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:03 pm My attendance is more a function of "what else is going on" and "did I remember the show is on".

I can't remember seeing one I didn't enjoy, though.
+1
I nearly always want to be on for office hours; it is more a question of what life will let me do...
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
It's not the format for me, as I eschew both human contact and human hours of operation, and I have too much trouble concentrating to do anything else during a livestream.

But I don't begrudge it to anyone else! So please don't take my "I would never" vote as discouragement. I also never listen to non-fiction podcasts, but I'm not trying to cancel Michael Barbaro.

(Well... actually, I'd love to cancel Michael Barbaro, most annoying voice in radio, replace him with Kai Ryssdal maybe... BUT I DIGRESS.)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:06 pm It's not the format for me, as I eschew both human contact and human hours of operation, and I have too much trouble concentrating to do anything else during a livestream.
I honestly don't know how they do it. I just concentrate on the kibitzing. :)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:06 pm replace him with Kai Ryssdal maybe... BUT I DIGRESS.)
His voice is dreamy…
SirDan wrote:I need to make more borderless cards.
Indeed.

I would come if I remember.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I voted: I'll chat, but not appear, but only cause I can't promise every time but I will appear camera permitting.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]