This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
With 1st edition there are a lot of factions and affiliations. New sets tend to bring out new ways of playing through new play engines or treaties. With so many factions and affiliations in the game it can be difficult to find time to try new ones that are put out.

My question to everyone is:
"What affiliation or faction would you like to play, but haven't had the time to do so yet."

A side question for the above is "What makes that faction interesting to you?"

I'll give my answer here:

While there are a number of affiliations/factions I haven't yet built decks for I would really like to try No Hand Starfleet. I think the concept of a "no hand" deck is interesting and would love to try it out. One day I'll find a few hours to really dig into it.

-James M

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Orbin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:16 am
I'll give my answer here:

While there are a number of affiliations/factions I haven't yet built decks for I would really like to try No Hand Starfleet. I think the concept of a "no hand" deck is interesting and would love to try it out. One day I'll find a few hours to really dig into it.

-James M
I can't speak to the 1e version, but I was playing 2e Mirror Starfleet ( [AU] [SF] ) at the Worlds level in the late Decipher/ early CC era. It was definitely solid and the whole no hand thing made it a bad match up for some of the more popular decks and dilemma piles of the time.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
[Dom] . They are powerful, complex, and unique -- hard to run but well worth the effort--which is my whole jam. But I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

There are like 50 other factions I want to try out -- TNG Maquis, 22 Klingons, An Important Victory, Hirogen Hunt: Coordinated Effort--but the entire [Dom] affiliation feels like the biggest omission from my repertoire.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Back in 2000 I really wanted to play TOS Romulans, but there just weren’t enough of them.

20 years later, having worked on the set as a designer, The Neutral Zone came out and I had the option to use TOS Romulans at last!

But, you know, Covid happened. Didn’t want to use them for the first time online, so I waited.

Yesterday, after an 18 month hiatus, we had our first in-person 1E tournament here in the UK, so I finally got to unleash the TOS Romulans!

Others got there first, but I’m just glad to have finally ticked that goal off my to-do list!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm trying to catch up on everything I missed from 2002 to 2017, so the answer is kind of "whatcha got?"
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation