This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The Watsonian answer is because you use disguises to gain access to stuff you wouldn't ordinarily have access to.

Why is Vedek Dax dressed up in that silly getup? So she can get into the Vedek Assembly and thereby free-report to Chamber of Ministers. Why is Riker Wil posing as a Bajoran? So he can become close to the Bajoran-Maquis resistance fighters as if he were one of them -- of course, if he dies, it's only natural that his friends in the movement would offer him Duranja.

But holograms are not generally speaking doing this. They're just computer programs, and people generally know they're computer programs while using them -- and a fair number of THEM even know they're computer programs. Stephen Hawking is not trying to pass himself off as a human, and the M-113 Creature won't go after him.

Of course, there are exceptions in canon where a hologram deliberately disguised itself as some other species in order to pull something off. ("Renaissance Man" comes to mind.) But if Design ever chooses to make such a card, they can: just put it in lore.

As with all things lore-based, there are some judgment calls and some rough-around-the-edges bits here. I, for one, really with Martok Founder's lore said, "Changeling who posed as the Klingon, General Martok." But the current set of rules seems (at least to me and the current Rules Committee -- YMMV!) closest to the mark, out of all the reasonably workable possibilities.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]