This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With 1e DRUNK WORLDS coming up in just over a month, we're firing up pickem again!

It's going to be a little different this time. All you have to do is pick the winner. That's it. But to give all the options a fair shot, we're going to break it down this way:

Here's the known options of players who will be there based on the most current information I have:

Brian Sykes
Ben Hosp
Phil Schrader
Austin Chandler
"The Field" (Any kid or Raw Deal Rando)

I will have at least 6 TNG Squire Starters with me in case we get kids or Raw Deal randos wanting to see what this whole Trek thing is all about. They are pretty basic, but they're fully OTF legal, and can at least hopefully keep people in games long enough to get an idea of what's happening (and they're great against each other) So "The Field" option comes with risks and benefits, but you get the whole field, however many there are (whether it's 0 or 10 or anything else).

For purposes of this contest, a "Raw Deal Rando" is any player who's not a kid who is also not already in the TrekCC Tournament System.

I'll be updating the attendee list as more people make their intentions known.

In the meantime... did I say there were PRIZES? Why, yes, yes I did!

Anyone who picks 2 out of 3 winners correctly (1e, 2e, Raw Deal Main Event) gets a $25 travel voucher good at any future Tower of Commerce Event. And because we want to generate as much interest as possible, the voucher is FULLY TRANSFERABLE if you have friends or family going to an event that you can't make.

Now, if somebody has the crystal ball and they can pick ALL THREE main event winners, they get the Trifecta Prize: A $100 Travel Voucher for a future ToC event, ALSO Fully Transferable.

And while there's no cost to enter this contest (because gambling laws are a thing), we do limit entries to one per person, though you can change your picks anytime up until 6PM Central Time the day of the event (or 1 Hour before kickoff). Any new picks or changes made after that time will not be accepted.

So that's it. Easy, right? Good luck! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Woah Hey!

I see a wild MVB @The Ninja Scot has appeared on my tournament pre-regustration screen!

Definitely something to consider when making your picks!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It came to my attention what Corbett posted on facebook regarding the passing of one of our community, which is not only cynical but all-time low. So I nominate Coach Sykes for 1E and his son for 2E.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:02 am It came to my attention what Corbett posted on facebook regarding the passing of one of our community, which is not only cynical but all-time low. So I nominate Coach Sykes for 1E and his son for 2E.
I don't know what John posted on FB, but for purposes of these contests I'll put you down for "any kid" for 2e since you get the lot of them with a kid pick.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're less than 48 hours away from kickoff and I have my mostly netdecked deck mostly built!

I say mostly because I'm putting a few personal touches on it, which means I'll make it even more awesome, or I'll take a perfectly good deck and turn it into a steaming pile of dogshit.

Wide range of outcomes with me.

As far as my pick goes, I'll take MVB. He's always a threat to win, but I'm pretty sure the members of da Gr0up Chat that are actually playing 1e aren't taking it *that* seriously.

It's looking to be 4-5 nerds in the corner while everybody else plays rasslin cards and board games. MVB is the clear favorite here.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:52 pm We're less than 48 hours away from kickoff and I have my mostly netdecked deck mostly built!

I say mostly because I'm putting a few personal touches on it, which means I'll make it even more awesome, or I'll take a perfectly good deck and turn it into a steaming pile of dogshit.

Wide range of outcomes with me.

As far as my pick goes, I'll take MVB. He's always a threat to win, but I'm pretty sure the members of da Gr0up Chat that are actually playing 1e aren't taking it *that* seriously.

It's looking to be 4-5 nerds in the corner while everybody else plays rasslin cards and board games. MVB is the clear favorite here.
Sykes.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Update: 1e deck is finished and packed.

Big props to @Kaiser for the super sexy custom deck box! :cheersL:

I don't know if I'll play like a Champ, but at least I'll look like one... 8)
Attachments:
50556.jpeg
50556.jpeg (791.33 KiB) Viewed 3178 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We ended up with 6 players for 1e. Myself, Benhosp, MVB, and 3 run-ins: Josh Sheets and a Sutton Double Shot with both Ryan Sutton and his son Jackson showing up!

Round 1 saw an epic clash between myself and the elder Sutton, as I was able to pull out a narrow 100-70 win that took the full amount of time. We then moved back to the cabin for Rounds 2 and 3, as the event space was closing for the day. Ryan came back from his round 1 setback and knocked off MVB in round 2, while Jackson, having gotten a full taste of Benhosp Battle Borg in round 1, rallied to beat Josh Sheets.

Meanwhile, I got to take on Hosp's battle Borg in round 2, and we had a nice little game of cat and mouse going on, with Hosp assimilating one of my Venatic Hunters and assimilating a planet, while I was trying to power through what missions I could. It all turned though, when Hosp hit my Emergent Life Form at his last mission and I sent his main cube hurtling into a Black Hole. That flipped the script and with no way to really rebuild, we called the game as a 100-60 win for me.

So after 2 rounds, we had me at 2-0, Sheets at 0-2, and everybody else at 1-1, setting up a crazy 3rd round. My random selection pairing landed on Jackson Sutton.

Let me tell you: this kid can straight play! My 3rd round game was almost as crazy as my first round game! I'm still not entirely sure what all happened, but I know he was rolling early and completely blew through one of my space combos on turn 2, cashed a Cytherians, and was rocking and rolling, when I finally solved my planet mission and Blade of Tkon'd his whole kit and kaboodle of ships and people into the black hole. And even then it wasn't enough, as he rebuilt crazy fast and was out attempting again within 2 turns! And even then, the only thing that allowed me to pull out the win was a timely Kes/ The Gift bug out of a Personal Duty/ Friendly Fire combo at my last mission. So while I was able to squeak by (at least this time...) and get the full win, it's clear that Papa Sutton has taught his kid real well, and this little guy is gonna be a contender!

So while the numbers weren't the highest, the quality of play and competition was off the charts! Big thanks to @rsutton41 , @jsutton41, @prylardurden , @bhosp , and @The Ninja Scot for coming out and bringing your A games to this event. It was a tournament worthy of the name 1e DRUNK WORLDS! :cheersL:
Ambassador
By rsutton41 (Ryan Sutton)
 - Ambassador
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I have to say these were some of the most fun 1E games I have had in YEARS! We had Black Hole sucking up a Borg Ship dilemma, Blade of T moving everything around, entire crews getting blown up multiple times, MVB taking out crews with some crazy Romulan tech, mission requirements being modified by some rarely seen Vulcan tech, Kirk was fighting the Borg, 2 games that completely went to the last turn with self doubt keeping players from making an attempt costing victory for players, I know encountered at least 40 separate Q Flash related cards in one game (the new stuff is no joke), and mine and Armus' game at the end looked like we had both just taken cards and thrown them every where on a table. It was 1E madness in every game! Thanks to everyone who came it was what old 1E players dream about!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation