This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Well, you still get one [Flip] .

But, yeah, that "and/or" seems specially designed to ensure both options are available even if Caretaker's Array is not in play.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:27 am Well, you still get one [Flip] .

But, yeah, that "and/or" seems specially designed to ensure both options are available even if Caretaker's Array is not in play.
So, just so I understand, they can chose the single damage and to relocate, even if I don't have Caretaker's array in play? I just want to make sure I understand.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
When your crew encounters Caretaker's Wave, first check if you have Astrophysics and Stellar Cart OR 3 Navigation present. If you do, dilemma is overcome; discard dilemma and mission continues.

If you do not, then you choose either Option A or Option B.

If you choose Option A, then opponent may [Flip] [Flip] [Flip] .

If you choose Option B, then opponent chooses between Option C, Option D, or both C & D.

If opponent chooses Option C, he may [Flip] the ship.

If opponent chooses Option D, he may relocate the ship to Caretaker's Array.

If Caretaker's Array is not in play, then he cannot choose Option D (and also cannot choose "both C and D"), so he is forced to choose Option C and gets one [Flip] .

Really quite a cleverly worded card, carefully sidestepping 1E's lack of a do-as-much-as-you-can rule and incentivizing the use of the DQ without strictly requiring it. Kudos to whoever came up with that.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation