This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Well, you still get one [Flip] .

But, yeah, that "and/or" seems specially designed to ensure both options are available even if Caretaker's Array is not in play.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:27 am Well, you still get one [Flip] .

But, yeah, that "and/or" seems specially designed to ensure both options are available even if Caretaker's Array is not in play.
So, just so I understand, they can chose the single damage and to relocate, even if I don't have Caretaker's array in play? I just want to make sure I understand.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
When your crew encounters Caretaker's Wave, first check if you have Astrophysics and Stellar Cart OR 3 Navigation present. If you do, dilemma is overcome; discard dilemma and mission continues.

If you do not, then you choose either Option A or Option B.

If you choose Option A, then opponent may [Flip] [Flip] [Flip] .

If you choose Option B, then opponent chooses between Option C, Option D, or both C & D.

If opponent chooses Option C, he may [Flip] the ship.

If opponent chooses Option D, he may relocate the ship to Caretaker's Array.

If Caretaker's Array is not in play, then he cannot choose Option D (and also cannot choose "both C and D"), so he is forced to choose Option C and gets one [Flip] .

Really quite a cleverly worded card, carefully sidestepping 1E's lack of a do-as-much-as-you-can rule and incentivizing the use of the DQ without strictly requiring it. Kudos to whoever came up with that.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]