This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Rulebook 6.3.3.1: Ambiguities - Multi-Affiliation Cards, last paragraph:
If a multi-affiliation card is reported using an affiliation-specific benefit, it must report in that affiliation mode, while following all applicable restrictions. For example, Dar can use Dominion War Efforts only if reported in [Dom] mode to a [Dom] ship or facility. If you download him in [Hir] mode to a [Hir] ship or facility, you must discard Assign Support Personnel.
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/# ... ATIONCARDS

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:53 pm Can I use Dominion War Efforts to download someone like Dar, but report him as Hirogen? It seems like I should be able to do that, but I'm usually wrong, haha.

Thanks!
I don't think so. In order for him to be eligible to be downloaded he has to be [Dom] or [Car] . Normally you decide a DA's affiliation at reporting, but I think using this download option determines it for you. Of course, you are free to swap after reporting, but if you using it as a trick to get the report to your [Hir] ship, I think it wouldn't be worth the effort, but then again all 4 of the [Dom] / [Hir] and [Car] / [Hir] [Holo] are Support Personnel.
As usual James is super fast, and the rules even mention this specifically, lol.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]