This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
We all live in a virtual age of plenty now, and some of us have a hard time remembering to stock our binders at all these days. But there was a time when, if you didn't get a card, you couldn't play it.

What pull from a pack made you happiest? Nothing traded or bought -- pulled from a pack.

For me, it was the very first and only UR I ever pulled from a pack in the physical era: Dixon Hill. I had been collecting the cards for years, but had never actually seen a UR card, and was starting to think they must be some kind of myth, and then BOOM, there's Noir Jean-Luc Picard staring back at me. Made me very happy then. Still makes me happy today.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I pulled the white border Admiral Riker out of The Dominion pack. I was pretty darn happy about that, as I could finally give my Future Enterprise a matching commander (that came from a complete AU set I bought for Christmas a while before, so no special story there). It got even better given the scarcity and price of All Good Things when we finally got Admiral Riker released outside of that pull.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:For me, it was the very first and only UR I ever pulled from a pack in the physical era: Dixon Hill. I had been collecting the cards for years, but had never actually seen a UR card, and was starting to think they must be some kind of myth, and then BOOM, there's Noir Jean-Luc Picard staring back at me. Made me very happy then. Still makes me happy today.
This is me.
I pulled it at a sealed release tournament where you paid cans of food for packs (up to 3).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
WB Seven of Nine out of a Dominion Pack.

She made my 1999 Worlds Deck Go.

Still the best deck I've ever made. That thing was a fucking beast in its day! :borg:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I pulled two Future Enterprises when AU came out.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Decipher once ran a contest where people could submit anagrams of card titles, with prizes given to the top 10 winners. Some of them were really creative (I recall ARMUS - STICKY SITUATION → NOISY AUTISTIC MUSKRAT, for instance.) All I could come up with was EMPOK NOR → POKE MORN, but Decipher liked that enough to put me among the winners. I was supposed to receive an OTSD in the mail, but it was slow in coming... after "poking" their customer service, I got it a few months later, and I managed to pull a Future Enterprise in the AU pack. To this day the only UR I've pulled from a one-off pack (as opposed to buying boxes or specifically trading).

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My fave was a white border Captain Kirk from Dominion. I don't remember anything else from that pack at all! It is, in fact, the only white border card outside premier I own!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
My own personal favorite pull was the URF Jadzia from BoG. It was in the first box I ever bought.

The best story I know of comes from a tournament sometime before The Borg expansion came out. My buddy Terry wanted to play Borg, but didn't have enough Borg Queens to make a decent deck with the right probes in it. He also didn't have a WB Seven of Nine (The Borg), who really greased the wheels in those days. So, before we started one of our monthly tournaments, he bought something like the last 6 packs of The Dominion that the store had in stock. Sure enough, he pulled Seven and put her right in the deck. I don't think he won the tournament (because Terry's roommate Glenn always won), but it was still awesome.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'm sure there were later cards that may have been a better value, or certainly saw more use in decks, but the feeling of being 13, openeing a pack of AU that I bought with my allowance and seeing the Future Enterprise...

and then finding out later in scry that it was an Ultra Rare.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
At Worlds 2016 in London I ran a Rainbow Sealed event: everyone got 1x Enhanced Premiere, 1x TMP, 1x BoG, 1x HA, etc.

My friend Gary (admiralgary) got James T Kirk in his one pack of Motion Pictures! He was over the moon!
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I got two packs of Holodeck Adventures and two packs of The Borg at DecipherCon, I believe it was 2002. Got a Dixon Hill and Reginald Barclay in those packs.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:04 pm I got two packs of Holodeck Adventures and two packs of The Borg at DecipherCon, I believe it was 2002. Got a Dixon Hill and Reginald Barclay in those packs.

Michael
Reg and JTK are the two URs I've never pulled from a pack.

You and Gary are some lucky bastards. :P

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
So technically it was not a pack, but my very first BB Premier Starter had Data and U.S.S. Enterprise as it's rares. Even though I hit every UR in the game from a pack, I am not even sure that my James T. Kirk pull beat that very first feeling.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 pm So technically it was not a pack, but my very first BB Premier Starter had Data and U.S.S. Enterprise as it's rares.
My first WB starter had those as the rares!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]