This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:41 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 pm So technically it was not a pack, but my very first BB Premier Starter had Data and U.S.S. Enterprise as it's rares.
My first WB starter had those as the rares!
Ah, I love how the "randomization" continued into WB, lol.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Future Enterprise for me.
AU hadn't been out that long and my Christmas gift was a sealed box of boosters. I had never even conceived of having more than a handful of packs at once. Partway through there it was - I think my hands may have even shook a little. I didn't move and asked my dad to quickly get me a sleeve and hard case from my room. FE went straight in - twas glorious!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
One fond memory was from my second Premiere starter. I'd already looked through and enjoyed all the cards, and later that day pulled them out of the starter to go through them again. Surprise Wesley Crusher that I'd missed! First main for me, too, so I was pretty happy about that.

Both my brother and I collected via occasional boosters early on. Missing a whole bunch of Premiere really, but it makes me happy that we both managed to get ourselves a Jean-Luc Picard and U.S.S. Enterprise.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
To be honest...I miss physical cards. In some ways its way better now just to have full access to its really skill instead of $$$ but the thrill of going to my card shop and ripping open foil packs is something most just will never understand.

Top pulls of all time:

WB Admiral Riker
WB Seven of Nine
WB Defiant
WB Kirk
Future Enterprise

There was also a time when my high school teacher (who also owned the card shop) would give me and my friends who played basically free commons and uncommons as long as we regularly bought packs and rares. One day everyone was gone at some field trip and I got something like 20 Q's Tents and 15 Kivas Fajios. In 1999, that was basically gold. My friends were PISSSSSED.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:19 pm To be honest...I miss physical cards.
This is the main reason I keep my toe into Magic. My FLGS does 3 packs / $10, so when the itch strikes, I go in, drop $10, and rip open some packs. Sometimes you can even make your money back, though that seems less so these days.

-crp

By Foxfire
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I got The Pendari Champion in the first booster pack I opened of Voyager (which was nice, substantially more so when I found out he was the set UR).

On the other hand I've never gotten a physical copy of the original Q's Tent card.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In 25 years i never got a UR by pack opening, except for WB Kirk. Traded stuff for Future Enterprise, 2 McCoys, James T. Kirk, First Officer Spock and Pendary Champion though.

Last year I draw my first UR, which was The Pendary Champion, and I opened a Mirror pack for a friend for First Officer Spock. Ironicly when I saw [NA] I claimed it was the pendary champion and it was. Also I declared this booster will have First Officer Spock and there he was. Should start a business as visiner for the future ;)

-  
Other than the WB previews and the Future Enterprise, First Officer Spock was the only ultra-rare I never pulled from a booster pack. He's been on my wishlist for many years, but I could never quite pull the trigger on $45+ to buy him as a single.

Last week I picked up a few cheap sealed boxes of Mirror Mirror. Some friends and I decided to do a draft (not the best set to draft with, but we made it work). We drafted 10 packs each, thinking that would give us plenty of cards to work with. I sat down with my packs thinking, either I'm going to pull Spock in my first pack, or I'm not going to pull him at all. I even jokingly said it out loud.

I opened my first pack and started flipping through the cards, and there he was.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]