This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

-  
Many years ago I bought two starter sets of ST CCG 1st Edition for solo play. I created my own basic solo variant and had some fun with it, but my variant wasn't great, and I think I must have gotten rid of the cards at some point.

I then looked at the entry on BGG and I can see that there are a few solo variants there, much better than mine was, which rekindled my interest.

So I bought a random collection from eBay, and ended up with the following cards, which I compared with a solo variant that I was interested in:

I Have / Solo Variant requires

Ships - Federation 15 / 11
Ships - Fed Shuttles 2 / 2
Ships - Romulan 3 / 6 - short of required cards
Federation outpost 11 / 3
Missions - Planet 18 / 28 - short of required cards
Missions - Space 6 / 21 - short of required cards
Events 28 / 38 - short of required cards
Interrupts 21 / 39 - short of required cards
Equipment 10 / 11 - short of required cards
Crew - Federation 30 / 57 - short of required cards
Crew - Romulan 20 / 20
Dilemma - Planet 18 / 21 - short of required cards
Dilemma - Space 11 / 19 - short of required cards
Artifacts 13 / 9
8 - "Nothing Happens" cards which will be the non-aligned affiliation cards "gold colored border" (I'm not sure what these are?)
9 - "Nothing Found" cards which will be the non-aligned affiliation cards "gold colored border" (I'm not sure what these are?)

So I'm short in lots of areas, and I'm trying to work out the best way forward. I can either:

a) keep buying random collections on eBay, but that would be expensive and there's no guarantee that the required cards would be included, or
b) Attempt to print cards from this website. They would be low resolution though so if I went down this route I would have to completely abandon the physical cards as mixing and matching wouldn't work, which would be a shame as physical cards are much better than what I can print, cut out, sleeve etc.

As far as I can tell every card ever made (plus the virtual expansions) is on this site, which is great, but I have no idea how it originally worked in terms of which cards were in which set etc.

I had wondered if people were selling complete sets as that would solve all problems, but I'm guessing it would be very expensive!

So would I be best of trying to find the physical cards I need? Or trying to find a complete set? Or abandoning the physical cards and printing what I need from this website?

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
A few thoughts:

1. Most people that print cards *do* mix and match. You slip the printout infront of another card in a sleeve and you ant really tell when shuffling. The newer cards are high resoloution.

2. Instead of looking to get entire sets, if you could give a list of the exact cards you are looking for on the trading forum, you might be able to get them for cheap. For example, you say you need 3 romulan ships. If you are looking for just D'Deridex, that was a white bordered common that some of us probably still have a ton of.

3. If you aren't sure what sets, there a very good search engine linked on the front page.

-  
Thanks for this. Maybe I should try sleeving then. I have lots of duplicates for lots of my cards so I guess I could stick the printouts to those, or just slide them in as you say.

I'm not sure which specific cards are required (I'm trying to find out), I'm not even sure if it matters as long as it's the right type (although that would surely affect balance).

It wouldn't bother me which cards they were, although having the TNG Enterprise and crew would be great (they would certainly have to be printouts!). So maybe I could try buying/trading common for common, and just printing the ship and crew.

Is there an easy way to search for, say, all federation ships, and choose which one to print etc?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
ianpwilliams wrote:Is there an easy way to search for, say, all federation ships, and choose which one to print etc?
What you can do is create a deck just for the cards you want printed. Then you can use the deck builder to add the ships and whatnot. It can spit out a PDF for you at the end.

-  
In terms of the game and building a deck, how is it normally done regarding duplicates? My guess is that all crew, ships, and missions would be unique, but the equipment, interrupts and dilemmas could have duplicates? Or would you just make sure that every card in the deck was unique?

Also, would someone be kind enough to let me know which Enterprise card is the one from TNG? I wonder if there might have been two?

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
ianpwilliams wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:35 am In terms of the game and building a deck, how is it normally done regarding duplicates? My guess is that all crew, ships, and missions would be unique, but the equipment, interrupts and dilemmas could have duplicates? Or would you just make sure that every card in the deck was unique?

Also, would someone be kind enough to let me know which Enterprise card is the one from TNG? I wonder if there might have been two?

You can have as many of any -non-Mission or non-dilemma in your deck as you want. You could run 20 Jean-Luc Picard. You probably won't., because you can only have one of him in play.

Missions are limited to one of each unless universal. ❖

Dilemmas are currently limited to two of each, but that's a tournament format rule, so not something you have to follow for a solo variant.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
ianpwilliams wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:44 am Thanks again, and could someone please provide a link to the Enterprise card from TNG?
U.S.S. Enterprise

-  
Sorry I have a couple of follow-up questions about the deck builder. The solo variant I want to play says this:

If you have the full Star Trek TNG CCG set, you will need to use cards from the following types:
2 - Federation Shuttles
11 - Federation Starships
57 - Federation Personnel cards
9 - Artifacts
21 - Planet Dilemmas
19 - Space Dilemmas
11 - Equipment
38 - Events
39 - Interrupts
28 - Planet Missions
21 - Space Missions
3 - Federation outposts "if you have two neutral outpost cards you can use them"
8 - "Nothing Happens" cards which will be the non-aligned affiliation cards "gold colored border".
9 - "Nothing Found" cards which will be the non-aligned affiliation cards "gold colored border".
6 - Romulan starships
20 - Romulan personnel

It looks like I could easily build a deck (or decks) to accommodate this. However, there appear to be lots of different editions of most cards like (P), (BT), (R) etc. Should I be looking to stick to one particular edition?

Also there are lots of characters who are replicated through different cards because they might be different ranks (eg Admiral), or might be paired up with others etc. Is there any way I can avoid having duplicates in my deck other than just trial and error?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation