This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

How should we handle the misspelling of "Sowee TAH!"?

Leave it! Humans care not for proper Klingon syntax.
6%
Do not dishonor the empire - change it to "So'wI' taH!"
94%
Revisit the title entirely.
No votes
0%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks!

In late 2020 and very early 2021, we all worked together to make a card. Specifically, we made this card:
[Evt] Sowee TAH! {ST: DS9}
Brute strength is not the most important asset in a fight. Suvlu'taHvIS yapbe' HoS neH.
Seeds or plays on table. If playing only [Kli], you may play any [Evt], [Int], or [Obj] with "Klingon" or " [Kli] " in gametext from your Q's Tent as if from your hand.
This card hasn't yet seen the light of day, though a few of our designers have used it in internal tests and it's really fun. But I have good news - it's officially in a file now! One that's going into testing very soon, which means it is much more likely you'll see this card in 2022.

But, there's a small issue and I wanted to bring it to your attention. You see... it turns out we've anglicized the title a bit. "Sowee TAH!" is basically the phonetic spelling of the phrase, not the true Klingon spelling. That would be, according to the Klingon language nerds on the internet:
So'wI' taH!
Thus, I humbly come before you, the collective who's will we're implementing, to ask if this change in title is acceptable. If so, we'll change it and that's what you'll see on the finished card. If not... we'll probably revisit the title discussion. After all, if we're going to use Klingon, we should use the correct Klingon.

Sound off in the poll, and in replies to the thread.

-crp

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Now is the time to fix the title. We don't want to have to wait nearly 25 years for a spelling correction (Looking at you Reopen Dig).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation