This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Besides encountering something like Rules of Obedience or using Organ Theft. What ways are there? And yes: This is a crussade against MortalQuinns current wording and Quite a Coincidence.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:31 pm Besides encountering something like Rules of Obedience or using Organ Theft. What ways are there? And yes: This is a crussade against MortalQuinns current wording and Quite a Coincidence.
Anti-time Anomaly (Open), Automated Security System, Gaps in Normal Space, No Way Out and go pick a fight, The Art of Diplomacy, Tribble Bomb, Absolute Power, Destroy Radioactive Garbage Scow, Mercy Kill - requires opponent cooperation.

There's a couple others that were even more corner cases.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Some of the corner cases can be really fun. For style points, try The Book (naming [Kli]/Leadership) and Arbiter of Succession. Or strand him on a dying planet with Planet Killer/Ravenous Hunger.

Edit: I've gone back and forth a few times about Ravenous Hunger and I'm not sure if it would trigger Mortal Quinn's skill. Planetary destruction causes personnel to be "destroyed and discarded" () and in general discarded personnel do not die (). Personnel inside a ship or facility that is destroyed are killed, however (), and the rulebook/glossary seem to imply that killed personnel do die (but I can't find a specific citation). My conclusion is that Mortal Quinn *would* die if he is inside a landed ship or facility on the doomed planet, but *not* if he is merely on the surface (he discards instead). Is that right?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Redshirt and hope the opponent has Villagers with Torches
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]