This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

How do you play 1E?

I play to play.
31%
I play to win.
17%
I play to do cools things.
26%
I play to Direct my own Star Trek Episode.
6%
I just like collecting the cards.
6%
I don't play.
3%
I just live here.
11%

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nowadays, I play for fun. Winning is nice, but it's not my priority. Usually I want to do something that I find interesting like using a new card I've never used before OR doing something strange with existing cards. My favourite new card has been The Squire's Rules as it makes it sooo much easier to build a deck if I don't have to worry about dilemma combos :)

-James M

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I play to play, and to do cool things. If I win, I win. To be fair though I have never done anything on a competitive level it's always been casual play though. Also I largely like collecting the cards.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I can't answer this because I need multiple choice.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:36 pm can i answer "play to win" if i legit play to win but always lose because i'm not good?
Yes. You play to win if your goal for any given game/deck is to win. Whether you win or not is a question of competing skills and the luck of the draw and has nothing to do with why you played they way you did.
BCSWowbagger wrote:I can't answer this because I need multiple choice.
I thought about giving multiple choice, but that usually just muddles the results in my experience.

I guess I wasn't great at explaining what I was asking?

"How do you play 1E," in my mind, is asking about the mentality you bring into the game. Which, I guess, is why I didn't agree with Armus's Answer. From his other posts, I assume that his primary concern with any given deck/faction/idea is how he can win with it. upon further reflection, this is probably my own bias at work. It is how I assume the majority of Game Players function, based on what I see of Pokemon players and Magic players and the very "energetic" conversations here on the boards.

But I don't play that way. And I was wondering how many of us here didn't.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:44 pm I can't answer this because I need multiple choice.
Totaly agree. :)

Since I selected, I voted for "I play to play", which is an option in which I say: This option is meaningless to me, as well as a poll without multiple choices.

As the goal of this poll is asking which mentally everyone brings into the game: Everyone may play the way he/she wants, no matter the polls result. Forcing / bugging something to do otherwise is something I consider an offense i say a hard no to.

So in order to give a free answer:

I build some themed interactive (that's what I consider cool) and equally strong decks (balanced) where my friends - experienced and inexperienced have good chances to win. :)

I´ve getting selective with whom I play. :cheersR:
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]