This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Batch seeding is the superior version for rules and gameplay elegance. It does prevent a lot of shenanigans, it does save time and most importantly - its more new player friendly.

Getting some artifacts to be encountered first seems more like a "design solves this with a doorway phase seed card" than a change the rules back type of solution.

At a more base level though , for me, is that when it comes to batch seeding I JUST LIKE IT MORE. It just feels better to come up with your combos and put them out there.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:28 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:09 am The argument against, and someone already said it, is to allow for some dumb cheesy thing.
This isn't quite true, or at least not true in entirety.

Yes, you can do tricks with single-seed. But you can also do tricks *everywhere* else in the game.

What you call cheese, I call strategy - and one of the things that makes 1E unique and special in the CCG space. The seed phase isn't setup, it's half the game - it's laying out strategy before the tactics. And it used to be the point where you could disrupt your opponent's strategy with guile, and cunning, and yes - sometimes daring an opponent to pass so you could run a game with almost dilemmas on the board.

Too many things have been stripped away from 1E in the name of making it more like 2E, and it seems silly, because players who don't want seeding and mission stealing and shenanigans can go play the game that doesn't have any of that.
Thats fair on most points, but I think there's a happy medium. I'm also shaded by my experiences in my play group.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i think most of the appeal of alternating mindgame during seed was because you could steal any mission. with that gone, batch is much better.
havent played alternating since paq though, so dunno how it plays in the modern game.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation