This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Should George and Gracie be made romantic partners?

Yes!
30%
Sure, if you're reprinting or touching the card otherwise.
23%
No, whales don't respect "romance."
18%
No.
30%

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:23 am
Rachmaninoff wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 am A fair point -- but doing it at Earth (seeded HQ + Holodeck Door?) also gives you Strategema protection.
Also a fair point, but that can be done even without G&G being a Romantic Pair. I am just saying the advantage of spreading the Romantic Pair option to other affiliations is more balancing IMHO than the risks of giving [Fed] a 4th dual personnel option.
Counterpoint: there's better ways to do that than errataing G&G.

For G&G you'd still need to seed Earth, and if you aren't [Fed] or [Bor], then it ain't easy to attempt. [1E-Rom] have it easiest, with [Kli] and [Vul] right behind due to Research Devastating Attack, but everyone else needs an espionage card, and some affiliations can't even do that!

If the goal is more non- [Fed] access to the Love Cafe, then make new cards to do that.

Example:
[NA] ❖ Native Risan
CIVILIAN
Lore lore lore typical Risan FEMALE lore lore
[SD] skill [SD] skill
[SD] May serve as a Romantic Partner to one personnel present
INT CUN STR
Probably some work that would need done to tweak and balance it, but that's the thumbnail sketch idea.

Basically, if you want to give non- [Fed] more options, don't use inherently [Fed] friendly cards to do it.

:twocents:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
patrick wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:41 am
Armus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:33 am
[NA] ❖ Native Risan
CIVILIAN
Lore lore lore typical Risan FEMALE lore lore
[SD] skill [SD] skill
[SD] May serve as a Romantic Partner to one personnel present
INT CUN STR
I like it! Can we print this as is? :) (names Lore in lore? :P )
If Data was fully functional, no reason to suspect that Lore is not also.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:23 am
Rachmaninoff wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 am A fair point -- but doing it at Earth (seeded HQ + Holodeck Door?) also gives you Strategema protection.
Also a fair point, but that can be done even without G&G being a Romantic Pair. I am just saying the advantage of spreading the Romantic Pair option to other affiliations is more balancing IMHO than the risks of giving [Fed] a 4th dual personnel option.
if you wanna be honest here, its not that easy for fed to have all 3, as dh gets either worf or riker. so with the whales theyre now at a stable 3 vs other 1.
either way its +2 cards
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation