This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 pm So, does one exist or does the facility I’m compatible with become one if I’m only using [1E-Maq] people? I looked but couldn’t find an answer. It’s in reference to Not so Demilitarized

Thanks!
There is not currently a facility compatible with that card.

In the future? *shrug*

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Takket wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:40 pm so this card doesn't actually get you a free play???
The Rules folks can correct me on this point but I think it could if you have no facilities at all, and use other mechanisms to report personnel.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
geraldkw wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:47 pm They Call Themselves the Maquis report to Liberty or Demilitarized Zone or Badlands.
:thumbsup:

Not So Demilitarized downloads it.

The facility reference was put there as a fail-safe so that if DS9 Maquis turned out to need a facility, one could be added.

Probably a mistake in retrospect, since everyone fixates on that clause. :)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I think a Maquis facility might be just the ticket to making Niner Maquis playable while following their original design goals ("we're a nuisance until you swat us; then we're a menace"), so I kinda like it, because it lets me say every once in a while, "Say, we should make a Maquis facility!"

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Honestly, I think it would be cool to see a card that makes an existing NA or Neutral outpost or Colony a Maquis facility that allows you to then repair ships. It would be cool to either be able to seed it, or download one anytime voluntarily initiates battle or kills one of your personnel.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Sounds like it's time for "Project Les Miserables" to spawn. You could give the Maquis their base where Eddington died. Prisoner 24601 (Eddington) and Jevere (Ben Sisko), USS Malinche, Hostage Dukat, and some other DS9 Maquis cards.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I will say there is a [Maq] [NA] facility in a design file at the moment. Will it make it to print? I can't say yet.

-crp

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]