This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Again, apologies if this is an obvious one, but what happens, exactly, if my opponent uses a Space-Time Portal to return a ship to his/her hand? TBH, I always assumed that the personnel also return to owners hands/all cards on the ship return to owners hands, but I just want to be sure.

For clarity, the situation that came up was this. I was a country mile from my station and my opponent had several tactics and Baryon Buildups on my ship so I couldn't move. I used STP to return my ship. He argued that all the personnel should be in the discard since STP only says to return the ship.
return one of your ships to owner's hand
^^ From the card. I argued that all the cards on it return to owners hands, even the Buildups (Tactics return to his BB sidedeck). Who was correct? Where do the non-ship cards go?

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
From "in play" from the Glossary:
A card in play may leave play by being discarded, placed out-of- play, re-seeded , relocated as a marker , or returned to a player's hand, draw deck, or side deck; it is then no longer "in play." Any cards placed on (or under) or played on (or aboard) that card are treated likewise
(This is not the complete section, I removed some stuff that was less relevant to your question.)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The Leaving Play section of the Rulebook is your friend here:
If a card leaves play, other cards played on or under it also leave play in the same manner. For example, if a ship is destroyed, all personnel aboard are killed and discarded to their owners' discard piles. If a ship affected by Cytherians and Tactical Console is returned to hand by Space-Time Portal, all personnel aboard are returned to their owners' hands, as are Tactical Console and Cytherians (which, as a dilemma, cannot normally be played again).

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:47 pm The Leaving Play section of the Rulebook is your friend here:
If a card leaves play, other cards played on or under it also leave play in the same manner. For example, if a ship is destroyed, all personnel aboard are killed and discarded to their owners' discard piles. If a ship affected by Cytherians and Tactical Console is returned to hand by Space-Time Portal, all personnel aboard are returned to their owners' hands, as are Tactical Console and Cytherians (which, as a dilemma, cannot normally be played again).
Thanks! I promise I always try and find the answer but I am so woefully unsuccessful most of the time. So :cheersL: :cheersR:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I did ctl + F to find Space-time Portal in the PDF rulebook for this one.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
There was a time when the glossary was printed and I used text marker for the most important parts, to quickly find the paragraph. really glad we have a digital version now, with in document links :thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation