This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i dont think we need another full blown swastika on a card, but the uniforms are not that problematic and harder to identify.
its definitly kinda awkward to play Turanj in a LGS.

but what i really wish for 2022 is an overhaul of the [Bar] guys.
make them [Holo] pls.
either by rules or reprint

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:54 am
Tosk wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:42 am
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:46 pm for as long as theyre not banned, they are allowed. doubt anyone tries to file charge 20yrs later.
again, this was uncensored on television
TBH I'd still like a Nazi uniform Kirk and Spock.

Because I'm more in line with Roddenberry's thinking in the 60's than modern political opinions on censorship.
James Tiberius Kirk

to be fair. nazi symbolism has a long censorship tradition in germany. its not exactly "modern opinion".
but yeah, if you want moden trek, watch discovery or the kelvin movies
Yeah it's Patterns of Force cards I was talking about, not Mirror universe.

And my point is that I definitely DON'T want modern Trek.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:46 pm but what i really wish for 2022 is an overhaul of the [Bar] guys.
make them [Holo] pls.
either by rules or reprint
I could get behind swapping the [1E-AU] for [Holo] on the [Bar] personnel. Leave the [Bar] icon, makes it easier to refer to the group rather than trying to work in a lore reference.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:52 pm
I could get behind swapping the [1E-AU] for [Holo] on the [Bar] personnel. Leave the [Bar] icon, makes it easier to refer to the group rather than trying to work in a lore reference.
:thumbsup: Yes Klingolaus, pls.
removed link as it seems it does not work.
Last edited by ShipNerd on Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ShipNerd wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:12 pm
winterflames wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:52 pm
:thumbsup: Yes Klingolaus, pls.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... aIY3-7ekFg
what am i looking at there lol

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd love to see more cards based on the PC games - especially the FMV ones. Klingon, Borg, and Starfleet Academy are filled with potential, and, in the case of Klingon and Borg, the ability to fill out affiliations other than the Federation.

There's also lots of potential from the non-FMV games, but I don't know how those would look aside from some logos and equipment - an Elite Force Incident would be interesting.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Back on the subject of Turanj and Daval, I took a closer look at the Voyager Season 4 "The Killing Game" Parts 1 and 2 - particularly the information and screenshots on Memory Alpha and TrekCore. After reading the episode synopis, Turanj is in many scenes throughout both episodes, Daval is only shown in one scene in Part 1. Also, there are no shots of either character outside of a WWII German uniform. So while it would be fairly easy to come up with a re-imaged Turanj card without the Nazi symbol, there really isn't a much better card image for Daval.

So if the CC were willing to do a Virtual Promo of Turanj using a less obvious Nazi-themed picture, that would be fairly simple. IIRC, the CC has asked us not to post any "dream card' style images on the message board, but a built a quick hack of an alternate image Turanj. Message me if you want to see it.

By Ospero
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:54 am
Tosk wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:42 am
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:46 pm for as long as theyre not banned, they are allowed. doubt anyone tries to file charge 20yrs later.
again, this was uncensored on television
TBH I'd still like a Nazi uniform Kirk and Spock.

Because I'm more in line with Roddenberry's thinking in the 60's than modern political opinions on censorship.
James Tiberius Kirk

to be fair. nazi symbolism has a long censorship tradition in germany. its not exactly "modern opinion".
but yeah, if you want moden trek, watch discovery or the kelvin movies
"Tradition" is doing a *lot* of heavy lifting there. Most of the really obvious stuff is forbidden by law. (Yes, you're probably aware of that, but some others here may not be.) Also, Germany is by no means the only country in Europe with a "no swastikas" law on the books.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Ospero wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:54 am Most of the really obvious stuff is forbidden by law.
Plus, just general good taste?

Photoshop exists, for Brad's sake.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]