This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By foul_owl
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
When my away team member elopes to the farthest planet, are they technically an "away team" on that planet?

I just played a game where I got hit with a love interest, and the farthest planet just so happened to be where my opponents outpost was. Opponent quickly beamed down and murdered the crew member.

Is this allowed or is the crew member considered out of play until rescued?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
foul_owl wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 am When my away team member elopes to the farthest planet, are they technically an "away team" on that planet?

I just played a game where I got hit with a love interest, and the farthest planet just so happened to be where my opponents outpost was. Opponent quickly beamed down and murdered the crew member.

The person is a one-(wo)man away team. If they end up next to your opponent's people and get murdered, thems the breaks.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
foul_owl wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 am When my away team member elopes to the farthest planet, are they technically an "away team" on that planet?

It's allowed. From that same family of dilemmas, my people have been:

Murdered
Captured
Stuck by Ionization
Black Holed
Orbitally Bombarded
Phased out of existence

and more things I can't remember.

If you'd like a nice counter/something for your deckbuilding...

[1] Hidden Fighter
[2] Where No One Has Gone Before

There's probably more, but those two are my go-tos simply because they are useful in almost any deck scenario.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]