This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Saavik downloads tricorder... a card she cannot, in the game sense, actually use. Though clearly in the movie she was using a tricorder and not an Engineering PADD, so it makes "trek sense", was there any discussion about this?

To really make both trek and game sense she should probably download Classic Tricorder, but she can't actually use that either, nor does it fit on the card lol

if you had room " [DL] Classic Tricroder (extends its use to [CF] ) would have made the most sense.

Just curious if there is any behind the scenes insights/discussion on her [DL]
Yes, plenty of discussion behind the scenes. Originally we’d had Diplomacy on there, but the [CF] crew had plenty of that. The download made sense (even if she can’t use it herself) as she still adds to the diversity of skills amongst a mixed crew of [CF] personnel.

We did look at a few options but there just wasn’t space…

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:30 am Saavik downloads tricorder... a card she cannot, in the game sense, actually use. Though clearly in the movie she was using a tricorder and not an Engineering PADD, so it makes "trek sense", was there any discussion about this?

To really make both trek and game sense she should probably download Classic Tricorder, but she can't actually use that either, nor does it fit on the card lol

if you had room "[DL] Classic Tricorder (extends its use to [CF] )" would have made the most sense.

Just curious if there is any behind the scenes insights/discussion on her [DL]

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:14 am shes the wrong saavik anyway ;)
Kirstie Alley ftw
well you've got you pick anyway! and i've always thought of Valeris as well as just "Saavik with a new name" but Valeris was a logical continuation of the Saavik character.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm trying to figure out which actor played Frexor.

Memory Alpha shows a "Sergeant" with the text:
The Klingon sergeant was played by stunt actor Dave Cadiente. The comic adaptation of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock gives this character's name as Knorr.
And a "Soldier" with the text:
The Klingon guard was played by stuntman and Christopher Lloyd's stunt double Al Jones.
The Star Trek Customizable Card Game gives his name as Regnor.
It's a bit hard to see, but it looks like the image for "Sergeant" shows Regnor, and the image for "Soldier" shows Frexor. So are the images wrong on memory-alpha, or is the "The Star Trek Customizable Card Game gives his name as Regnor." wrong? (Or am I wrong?)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
patrick wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:21 pm I'm trying to figure out which actor played Frexor.

Memory Alpha shows a "Sergeant" with the text:
The Klingon sergeant was played by stunt actor Dave Cadiente. The comic adaptation of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock gives this character's name as Knorr.
And a "Soldier" with the text:
The Klingon guard was played by stuntman and Christopher Lloyd's stunt double Al Jones.
The Star Trek Customizable Card Game gives his name as Regnor.
It's a bit hard to see, but it looks like the image for "Sergeant" shows Regnor, and the image for "Soldier" shows Frexor. So are the images wrong on memory-alpha, or is the "The Star Trek Customizable Card Game gives his name as Regnor." wrong? (Or am I wrong?)
interesting catch........ so when I look at the two memory alpha photos, the "sergeant" has a flat nose. This is clearly the same flat nose as Regnor. The "soldier" has a large bulbous nose. This is clearly Flexor.

Memory alpha is the one in error because they deferred to the name from Decipher's TMP card and put it on the wrong Klingon.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]