This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

-  
Some friends and I recently did a draft with a box of Mirror Mirror, and we found some very strange errors in the distribution of the cards across the 30 packs.

Several packs (unfortunately I didn't make a note of how many) contained duplicate copies of most of the commons and uncommons (but still the normal 11 cards per pack). At least one pack even had three copies of one of the commons. This would be annoying, however...

Nine of the packs had SIX RARES EACH. We ended up with 37 R+, 37 R, and one First Officer Spock, for a total of 75 rares. We still didn't pull a complete set (8 R+ and 1 R short) but we're certainly not complaining.

The box was factory sealed and the cards are definitely not counterfeit.

At the time Mirror Mirror originally came out I was a brick-and-mortar retailer with a healthy customer base for Star Trek CCG -- I would have sold through a fair number of full boxes and single packs, and I have no recollection of anything like this happening.

I wonder if anyone has heard of of this being a known issue with this set?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I don't know about the distribution of Mirror Mirror generally, but I can relay the story of when I was opening a 6-box case of Mirror Mirror around 2010.

A friend (who did not play the ccg) was helping me open the case at my apartment, and I had shown them where the rare slot in the pack was, so we were setting those in one pile and the commons/ uncommons in another pile. Midway through the opening, I looked over and saw a [1ecard] First Officer Spock [/1ecard] in the commons pile. After a brief moment of disbelief, we realized that the box my friend was opening had rares in both the rare slot and the uncommon slot, and that patten held for about 4 boxes of the case.

Needless to say, I was a very happy Trekkie that night.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]