This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Happy Friday everyone!

It’s Friday, we’re approaching Christmas, and we’re in the middle of a brand new First Edition set being released!

So this week’s Friday Question was always going to be…. What excites you the most about Second Star to the Right?

Maybe it’s the fantastic images on Overhaul Starship Systems or Slingshot Effect. Maybe it’s fleshing out those [CF] era decks? Maybe you fancy trying out some new dilemma tricks (as suggested by Kaiser). Maybe you love the Easter Eggs on Lt. Slater? Maybe you want to try some Homeworld shenanigans! Or maybe this is your chance to bring out the Breen…?

Or maybe it’s what is yet to come that excites you the most?

Let us know what you think!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I think the artwork is beautiful.

I really like the movie era, and I'm excited to have options to play those decks without having to use Camp Khitomer.

-crp
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I love new 1E cards around the holidays. From Decipher packs in the old days to cool cards from the CC, the Holidays have always felt like a great time for new cards.

I'm looking at all 36 Second Star cards at the moment, and a highlight for me are the Verbs. Cool deck engines. And I can't wait to see what GIVE ME GENESIS and [checks the spoiled card list] the one with a TMP logo do in the wild.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
MidnightLich wrote:I think the artwork is beautiful.
Agreed.

One card has the visual feel of one of those computer tech adverts you'd see in magazines in the 70's/80's

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well i guess excitement-only-allowed is the purpose of this 2nd post about the new expansion.

As I said on discord, I like the artwork, especially of the Starbase, but also some personnel like the smiling Checkov. :)

Give me Genesis to use on opponents missions but not your own is cool too (interaction). Let´s see what more cards are out there, in the upcoming days. [CF]
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Usually I get excited about one or two cards in particular.

I think Nuclear Wessels is a pretty good dilemma.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This line from Slingshot:
Your [1E-AU] [CF] personnel, ships and facilities
and specifically those last two words! Insinuating something for me to seed in Near Earth orbit!
See my article on Monday…

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I can only assume that another mission in the same region as Qo'nos based on the disaster on Praxis is a must in order to balance out the numerous missions in Sector 001. You can't give Overhaul Starship systems to [Fed] (which is obviously there to let you have a [Fed] outpost that works with reunite legends) as well as another cadet to help complete Practice Orbital Maneuvers without doing something for the Klingons. I'm hoping it will be more open and not just for [CF].

I'm waiting to see if it's something that would work well in a Klingon deck or maybe even an Alliance deck.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:09 amMaybe you love the Easter Eggs on Lt. Slater?
I most certainly do! :mrgreen:

But...
Rachmaninoff wrote:I love the artwork
... that, too! Preston and Slater especially; and...
KazonPADD wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:49 am 24V :shifty:
She’s a beaut, and long overdue!
... can't agree more with either of you. :thumbsup: 8)
This will amuse me for far longer than I will publicly admit.
LOL! :lol:

Congratulations on a job well done! :cheersL:

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The good thing about "Guess who is coming to dinner", is that The [CF] and non-themed mixed Klingons are back, for those who play in the OTF environment, that has other themed decks that are very powerfull.

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: