This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Now that the Reunite Legends errata quashed downloading I.K.C Kla'Diyus, I'm wondering what means there are to get this ship in play early? Thought of a couple but they are heavy on resources.

Ferengi Trading Post + Spacedoor + B'rel + '45 Dom. and I still need a way to get Holodeck Door to DL Dom and a holodeck to play dom...

HQ: Secure Homeworld + Chang/General Chang + Give him ENGINEER somehow (Reflection Therapy?) + Spacedock + Construct Starship

Thinking it probably makes more sense to stock a ton of the ship and/or Q's tents with Mutations to turn the extra ones into card draws???

Anything easier?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
chang + Art of Diplomacy gets you your champagne. Then you just seed the Holodeck on the Outpost? Just takes... 5 seeds? Did I count that right?
Art of Diplomacy
Defend Home
Ferengi Trading Post
Holodeck Door
Spacedoor
First turn flip door for B'rel, download Chang, download 45 Dom. Hit the ship with champagne and Boom?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Well... the I.K.C. Kla'Diyus is a Modified B'rel Class. I am not sure, if you can Dom Perignon a ❖ B'rel to I.K.C. Kla'Diyus.

And you will now point out, that the characteristics of the I.K.C. Kla'Diyus shows us B'rel Class as well, but it is just TrekCC data. And either the data from I.K.C. Kla'Diyus is wrong or the data from Keldon Advanced is missing something!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It's an old Decipher ruling that this works:
ship class
A characteristic identified in a ship''s class box (directly under the card image). "UNKNOWN CLASS" is not a distinct ship class.

When a ship''s class box states that it is an "advanced" or "modified" version of a class, then that ship is treated as a member of both classes. For example, I.K.C. Kla''Diyus's class box ("Modified B''Rel Class") identifies it as a B''Rel-class ship for the purposes of Duj Saq.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just let that extremely problematic and broken ship die out of the meta. I think there’s a reason the Scimitar wasn’t given the ability to fire when cloaked even though it could. It’s just not a good mechanic for the game.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:30 am Just let that extremely problematic and broken ship die out of the meta. I think there’s a reason the Scimitar wasn’t given the ability to fire when cloaked even though it could. It’s just not a good mechanic for the game.
Cloaked Maneuvers is the more correct analog to, and can be used with, the Scimitar.

It couldn't actually fire while cloaked, it just had really quick (partial?) Cloaking emitters and a guy with actual tactical competence to use such tech effectively.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:00 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:30 am Just let that extremely problematic and broken ship die out of the meta. I think there’s a reason the Scimitar wasn’t given the ability to fire when cloaked even though it could. It’s just not a good mechanic for the game.
Cloaked Maneuvers is the more correct analog to, and can be used with, the Scimitar.

It couldn't actually fire while cloaked, it just had really quick (partial?) Cloaking emitters and a guy with actual tactical competence to use such tech effectively.
It could 100% fire when cloaked. https://www.startrek.com/database_article/scimitar

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
answering my own question.........

Condition Red can do it, just need to wait for my opponent to play a ship first, which most people do first turn... now I just have to figure out how to get a Ready Room Door to download it. I know Make It So does it but i have to play my own ship with a matching commander to do that........

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:01 pm answering my own question.........

Condition Red can do it, just need to wait for my opponent to play a ship first, which most people do first turn... now I just have to figure out how to get a Ready Room Door to download it. I know Make It So does it but i have to play my own ship with a matching commander to do that........
Dude don't make this hard. If you want it that badly, just Tent for it, eat the no draws for the one turn, and go to town.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah, tent is you safest bet. if you want to recycle the others run process ore.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation