This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:35 pm put ur money where ur mouth is and beat the online meta then
You are being a jerk. Please stop.

I would appreciate it if the moderators (@nobthehobbit) would split all of the unrelated discussion off into its own thread. We've veered from the original topic, but I think it still has life to it.

-crp
im not a jerk, im curious what he brings to the table. 1e is still a vs. game, isnt it :borg:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I've split off about the playability and impact of cards like Disrupted Continuum and Dyson Sphere Door here.

Also, @Ensign Q, please refrain from "my meta is stronger than your meta" schoolyard-esque taunting.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
thats ur interpretation. i never did such.
armus said the same thing. "shark tank"
its only logical, the global meta is more competitive than regional.
is the community harrassing me again?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Shark tank... Prepostorous. I play what I want to play. Sometimes it is competitive, sometimes it is old veteran stuff., sometimes it does not even work out at all :) . I do not see where the difference is between life-play and online-play. On the contrary: When you are a new player I would strongly advise to play online. To gain practice and every player here will gladly explain their "tricks". So there is no better way than practice and online-play grants that practice.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:47 am Shark tank... Prepostorous. I play what I want to play. Sometimes it is competitive, sometimes it is old veteran stuff., sometimes it does not even work out at all :) . I do not see where the difference is between life-play and online-play. On the contrary: When you are a new player I would strongly advise to play online. To gain practice and every player here will gladly explain their "tricks". So there is no better way than practice and online-play grants that practice.
youre the fish bro :borg:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
hehe... maybe, that does not stop me from playing :) . at the very least i am not limited to one affiliation only ;)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:31 am Brian, I do not want to argue with you. You have been a grat player and such a gentleman in our game, But when Kevin says, Dyson Sphere is weak, he is playing a different game entirely...

Edit: You underestimate the European Meta.

EditEdit: Well go ahead, streamline everything to your American Solver Nature and kill the fun of SD...
I didn't say it was weak, I just asked for more things to do with it.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:31 am Brian, I do not want to argue with you. You have been a grat player and such a gentleman in our game, But when Kevin says, Dyson Sphere is weak, he is playing a different game entirely...

EditEdit: Well go ahead, streamline everything to your American Solver Nature and kill the fun of SD...
Out of curiosity, what would you wish for in this regard?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:44 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm

Out of curiosity, what would you wish for in this regard?
I envision an errata that allows us to get Q's planet back into the game by
1. requiring the person playing the q's planet to have a dyson sphere
2. compel you to seed three dilemmas from your dyson sphere at random
3. remove the artifact seeding ability
4. Q's planet becomes a dual type mission

I would then also like to see design pioneer a cycle of cards that starts with a dilemma that downloads
- a dilemma/artifact dual type card
-a dilemma/event dual type card
- a dilemma/interrupt dual type card
(in each case, the cards text directs you that its a dilemma first, then when overcome, becomes the other card type and goes into your hand to be played.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:07 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:44 pm [quote=Hoss-Drone post_id=567915 time=1639671378 user_id=121
I envision an errata that allows us to get Q's planet back into the game by

I would then also like to see design pioneer a cycle of cards that starts with a dilemma that downloads
(in each case, the cards text directs you that its a dilemma first, then when overcome, becomes the other card type and goes into your hand to be played.
I like it. Would the idea be to self sees those combo dilemma? It tie then into Qs planet specifically?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:44 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm I envision an errata that allows us to get Q's planet back into the game by

I like it. Would the idea be to self seed those combo dilemma? It tie then into Qs planet specifically?
That's for design and play testing to figure out. I would guess that it would all have to tie to "owner's hand" to avoid rules problems and keep gameplay clean.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yes Dysons sphere could get more stuff. @Kevins suggestion
Yes DC is powerful and could be balanced (or at least not become more powerful) @what I think sebbel @Caretaker's Guest is suggesting
Yes, the online meta is very powerful (depending on who is attending, see rating, even if it is not an absolute indicator). I don´t know if its the toughest environment as I don´t know all local metas. @I agree to @Ensign Q here partly. Even thought people who are not playing online could be powerful too as @stressedoutatumc implies which I could also understand, yet I don´t know if he really *is*. Finding it out is a call q can make and stressautomatic agree or disagree too.
nobthehobbit wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm I've split off about the playability and impact of cards like Disrupted Continuum and Dyson Sphere Door here.

Also, @Ensign Q, please refrain from "my meta is stronger than your meta" schoolyard-esque taunting.
I actually say it is ok to be confident and make assessments of one owns ability to be better or worse then others in a certain area or about a certain game meta, is fair, otherwise judgements are pointless and everyone is allowed to have an option. Also, even if I have blocked ensign q, I like to point out the other side of the conflict should be taking into account as well to have an adult conversation and seeing both sides. Being called "arrogant" by @stressedoutatumc or "jerk" by @Global moderators MidnightLich is not a paragon behavior either and pointing as a moderator @nobthehobbit out be fair and would show the courage that even the lead of the trekcc should behave and would set an example that everyone should behave.

IMO its the classic conflict of people who are confident/aggressive and people who are doubtfull/passive aggressive. The one is no better or worse then the other. Both is an expression of personally they should be treated equal, if that "everyone is welcome stuff IDIC" is really to be lived...

I (more and more) choose to be confident in the areas I am and love myselve and have @stressedoutatumc on my block list, as I know what I can do and where I stand for and don´t like people who are simply doubling others instead of being confident themselves and make qualified statements or talking about their competence instead of belittling others on the basis of "inclusivity > exclusivity" (Quote @stressedoutatumc while doing that exact exclustion attempts by it...) I was and I party am critical of others, but I think stepping up and doing once own thing and being confident of once own work is better, which is the road I am on more and more. But that is just my point of view, that has its place thought too.
Thats why I make a stand for confidence and seeing both sides, even if that means pointing at the person in power and maybe being counter attacked for it directly (or indirectly by passive-aggressive people). But I think that post is defiantly word worth spreading! :thumbs-up:
Also there is a good middle ground of non-aggressive, non-passive aggressive called assertive.
thx for reading. :)

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
the american participation trophy mentality has completely fried their brains. we are all equally good and competition is bad.
a lot of ppl would prefer 1e to be solitair.

forum also has a long history of mobbing me. but im too sick to engage the fighting again. idic is just letters here.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:29 pm forum also has a long history of mobbing me.
I would judge it differently, its a conflict where both sides have their responsibility. stating your opinion and let others have theirs without endless discussions by either side would do the trick more for you IMO. Having an opinion is okay, demanding others to agree to it is not. Anything else would be one or two sides wanting to change the other, which i consider trolling. Stopp responding after posting 1-2 times helps against that. Maybe then you get a different feedback back.... Woun´t responded more here to you in this thread to bring it to an end. I also like more interaction but if some people don´t want it guess what, its part of being in a community, we own the game and how we play it together, not alone.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation