This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Santa - I wish for more cards that would make Dyson sphere doorway worth playing
????????????????

Disrupted Continuum and Dyson Sphre bought me so many games that I advanced back from 1500 to 1650...

Dear Santa: Do not toy with SD....

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:45 pm
Santa - I wish for more cards that would make Dyson sphere doorway worth playing
????????????????

Disrupted Continuum and Dyson Sphre bought me so many games that I advanced back from 1500 to 1650...
Yeah I always wondered why does not everyone use Disrupted Continuum? If you know how to use it, its very very very strong, if you got a selection of dilemmas to choose from (e.g. in dysons sphere). Yet aside from that dysons sphere could use some help if DC is not used.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It is not NPE. It is using cards you designed :) . Man hat ein Bedrohungspotential vor dem Herren. Alien Parasites, Whale Probe, Cytherians, etc at your wishing.... And Big Kev tells it is weak :) .

Edit: You designed TNG Borg. All-star-solvers with as little damage in solving as possible.
Last edited by Caretaker's Guest on Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
That’s not for you or me to say, NPE can only be experienced by the opponent. And if my opponents tell me it’s a dick move, I prefer not to use it. It’s clever and strategic, but if it sours the game for less experienced players, that isn’t something I’d support.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Paddy, you know me. In an beginner-environment I would never use this! But on high-level it is mandatory. Americans have not yet gotten the power of Disrupted Continuum... That is what you get in pushing forward stupid Enterprise. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:02 pm That’s not for you or me to say, NPE can only be experienced by the opponent. And if my opponents tell me it’s a dick move, I prefer not to use it. It’s clever and strategic, but if it sours the game for less experienced players, that isn’t something I’d support.
Maybe those less experienced players will learn to pack Kevin and Quinn and nuke your bullshit before it wrecks their day.

Disrupted Continuum is a total Player's card. Combo-ing it with Dyson Sphere Door is a total Player move.

I get that context matters, and maybe you don't pull out your sledgehammer at a friendly local down at the pub, but on the other hand if the pub crawlers ever want to graduate to high level events, you aren't doing them any favors by hiding the best stuff instead of making them figure out how to deal with it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:12 pm Paddy, you know me. In an beginner-environment I would never use this! But on high-level it is mandatory. Americans have not yet gotten the power of Disrupted Continuum... That is what you get in pushing forward stupid Enterprise. :)
Um... what?!

Try again, player! 8)
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Q - new players need to learn and move up to tournament play. Need to welcome them in gently, not throw them into the Dojo!

Seppel - glad to hear it, but most in-person tournaments these days feature a mixture of player abilities. At Worlds, I’d be more inclined to include it.

Brian - yes, there’s no need to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but best let them get the hang of nutcrackers first…

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fetching a dilemma suitable and even being swapped for an Armus-dilemma is such a powerful weapon. Imagine all the indirect effects. No microtiming, no mass-attempting and so on. It is hard to give away secrets. I love Big Kev. But exclaiming that Dyson Sphrere is useless, is just... not correct. Meet you all in Vienna or on Kaiserfest, that is high-roller-level playing...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Is there no middle ground where you use Disrupted Continuum, but use it for less than absolute maximum destructive effect? Y'know, swap in a cutesy little guy like Clan People, not "God", kinda thing?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:48 pm Q - new players need to learn and move up to tournament play. Need to welcome them in gently, not throw them into the Dojo!

Seppel - glad to hear it, but most in-person tournaments these days feature a mixture of player abilities. At Worlds, I’d be more inclined to include it.

Brian - yes, there’s no need to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but best let them get the hang of nutcrackers first…
the only objective powerlevel everybody can agree on is: "bring your best"
anything else is a swamp you dont wanna walk into.
besides, new players learn best by pain ;)

either way DC is not an NPE. it fetches another regular dilemma and at best stops them for a turn and kills some dudes. like any regular seed.
and if DC can do NPE stuff, its the dilemma thats problematic, not the trick

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:08 pm new players shouldnt play tournaments
NPE-=Negative Player Experience.....has nothing to do with New Player.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]