This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:50 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:31 am
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:22 am i dont have access to virtual cards, so starter decks arent an option.
You don't have access.... to a printer?
i doubt everybody posses a color printer with a decent picture quality and copyshops are closed due to the flu.

im planning to use Tribbles Starters, but theyre way to sluggish on basic rules.
Ok, how about this.

*I* have a color ink jet with *decent* picture quality.

If you're willing to give my Squire Starters a go, I'll print them out and stick them in the mail, just PM me your address.

I have no idea what shipping times are these days, and the holidays may delay things further, but if it's just a matter of getting the paper cards in your hands, I'm willing to help you out on that one.

Just let me know.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I play mostly Premiere and PAQ with non-card gamer folks. Some things that've worked for me:
  • Play two, draw two (only one event per turn)
  • Icons generally don't have special rules, just important if a card refers to them (no hologram rules, no need of an AU doorway, ignore download icons, etc.). If I ever do download icons, I would have a pile of all the downloadable cards out-of-play - wouldn't bother with side decks (and no one with a download icon that was unusable, I.E. no matching card).
  • Three space/three planets. Dilemmas are mostly random: a pile for space, one for planets. Folks can seed if they want, but that only happens after a couple games ("wouldn't it be cool if this happened before that?"). Random is a better way for the first couple of games.
  • So far, everyone prefers playing cards face-up. We're too old and busy for memory games, I suppose. Plus people like to look at the cards and follow what's going on.
  • Sixty card decks. Variety increases replayability. Not a lot of interest in deck building so far (other than telling me a theme that interests them, and I build something).
  • I've considered starting the game with a universal, one or zero staff icon ship. But folks seem to like their ships, so we've just played with small fleets and not having a ship hasn't been an issue. Partly because folks are too nervous about dilemmas and wait to get a decent-sized crew.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Sounds fun. I also use 1,2,5 and equal amount of space/planet mission for my unofficial Multiplayer Format. Its 4 mission each player though in my case, with different amounts of points required depending on the amount of player in the game, to ensure MP ends in the wished time.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]