This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:50 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:31 am
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:22 am i dont have access to virtual cards, so starter decks arent an option.
You don't have access.... to a printer?
i doubt everybody posses a color printer with a decent picture quality and copyshops are closed due to the flu.

im planning to use Tribbles Starters, but theyre way to sluggish on basic rules.
Ok, how about this.

*I* have a color ink jet with *decent* picture quality.

If you're willing to give my Squire Starters a go, I'll print them out and stick them in the mail, just PM me your address.

I have no idea what shipping times are these days, and the holidays may delay things further, but if it's just a matter of getting the paper cards in your hands, I'm willing to help you out on that one.

Just let me know.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I play mostly Premiere and PAQ with non-card gamer folks. Some things that've worked for me:
  • Play two, draw two (only one event per turn)
  • Icons generally don't have special rules, just important if a card refers to them (no hologram rules, no need of an AU doorway, ignore download icons, etc.). If I ever do download icons, I would have a pile of all the downloadable cards out-of-play - wouldn't bother with side decks (and no one with a download icon that was unusable, I.E. no matching card).
  • Three space/three planets. Dilemmas are mostly random: a pile for space, one for planets. Folks can seed if they want, but that only happens after a couple games ("wouldn't it be cool if this happened before that?"). Random is a better way for the first couple of games.
  • So far, everyone prefers playing cards face-up. We're too old and busy for memory games, I suppose. Plus people like to look at the cards and follow what's going on.
  • Sixty card decks. Variety increases replayability. Not a lot of interest in deck building so far (other than telling me a theme that interests them, and I build something).
  • I've considered starting the game with a universal, one or zero staff icon ship. But folks seem to like their ships, so we've just played with small fleets and not having a ship hasn't been an issue. Partly because folks are too nervous about dilemmas and wait to get a decent-sized crew.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Sounds fun. I also use 1,2,5 and equal amount of space/planet mission for my unofficial Multiplayer Format. Its 4 mission each player though in my case, with different amounts of points required depending on the amount of player in the game, to ensure MP ends in the wished time.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]