This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Yipe
 -  
Short Synopsis: I'm looking for new dilemmas that slow/stall my opponent rather than kill their personnel outright. I own mostly Premiere cards.

I played quite a bit back during the initial release, but I stopped after Alternate Universe and haven't touched my cards in years. A group of friends are all interested in playing 1E again so I've dusted off my collection and started putting some decks together. I now realize there are a ton of new cards available for this game and my Premiere dilemmas might not cut it compared to what my opponents will be using (they own most everything).

The Klingon deck I'm creating focuses on away team and space battles, as well as the Anti-Time Anomaly to kill personnel (using Temporal Rift to save my own crew) . Without going into too much detail, I'm looking for dilemmas that:

1. Slow my opponent down while I set up my board state or get my ATA combo going.
2. Capture/move their personnel so I can hunt them with my away team.
3. Damage/move their ships so I can go attack them with my Bird of Prey swarm.

Thanks for taking the time to help a returning player out! If it's helpful, I can post the deck in question (or a link to it).

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Anti-Time Anomaly is on the otf banlist, in case you want to follow current tournament rule set.

there are tons of modern dilemma. you can find the most played ones in the affiliaton hq https://www.trekcc.org/affilhq/1e/

best way to stop guys is mission debriefing + attempt ends dilemma like experience bij or garbage scow

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
what q said.

+also see:
https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... cleID=3054

+ specifically
chula: the game, the cloud, scout encounter (new Cha´Joh as scout ship), Emergent life-form, Cytherians
for your purpose of stopping, damaging and moving stuff.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is your intent to look for modern cards that you can use in your friendly games against your friends, or are you looking to learn the 2021 game and play in the tournament scene?

Cause... that's a big difference. As someone else mentioned Anti-Time anomaly is banned and Obelisk of Masaka put an end to the k'vort fleets of years past. Bringing a deck of premier and AU cards to a modern tournament is rather like showing up at the Indy 500 with a Model-T.

BUT! Not to fear......

For one thing all the cards on this site are printable. Meaning, guess what, as long as you have a printer with ink in it, you now own and have access to every card ever made. If you want 20 Borg Queens for a Borg deck, just print her out 20 times over.

So if you want to play the modern game, you have access to everything modern players do. And likewise if you just want to play a game with a few of your friends, you can do that too.

For the latter, if you want to slow your opponent down there are plenty of ways to do that. In fact "slowing the opponent down" is a pretty popular strategy these days since so many personnel get reported in a game that killing a half dozen of them with a combo really doesn't help you much anymore.

Dilemmas that delay and slow down..........

Dead End
Tricyanate Poisoning
Friendly Fire
Experience Bij!
Linguistic Legerdemain
Edo Probe
Radioactive Garbage Scow still works!
Buried Alive (follow it up with space dilemmas at a planet mission)

and as someone else mentioned seeding Mission Debriefing makes all these dilemmas even slower......

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
All of the above Is good. But you don't have to discard all your premier dilemma shenanigans. There was a brief move to Make PAQ (Premier, Alternate Universe, Q Continuum) Great Again. Here are some key cards that may blow new life in the cards you already have.

Dyson Sphere door and a whole batch of Download and Seed dilemmas
shades of gray
All-Consuming Evil
Last edited by winterflames on Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Yipe
 -  
Thank you for all the detailed replies, this is great stuff! I've been going through the links everyone posted and these dilemmas will definitely help bolster my meager collection.

To clarify: we're just playing some friendly games (up to 4-person multiplayer) so we won't be following any current tournament ban/restriction list. If ATA becomes too much of a problem I'll take it out of the deck, but due to all the downloading many of their decks can do (and mine can't), it's mostly there to keep them from running away with the game.

I saw the Horga'hn, which is the lone artifact in my deck, is also on the banned list. Too funny! :D

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yipe wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:10 pm Thank you for all the detailed replies, this is great stuff! I've been going through the links everyone posted and these dilemmas will definitely help bolster my meager collection.

To clarify: we're just playing some friendly games (up to 4-person multiplayer) so we won't be following any current tournament ban/restriction list. If ATA becomes too much of a problem I'll take it out of the deck, but due to all the downloading many of their decks can do (and mine can't), it's mostly there to keep them from running away with the game.

I saw the Horga'hn, which is the lone artifact in my deck, is also on the banned list. Too funny! :D
In addition to what has been said, there is a YT channel run by a guy on the forums name Kieser. He has a weekly show that looks at a common or popular dilemma combo and runs through it. Even if you just use his combos as shown, yours will likely become much better faster and give you a sense of how to modify and build your own. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq1chV7 ... _FnPCdQVUZ
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]