This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
As the Worhole interrupt is currently worded is it possible to use during opponent's turn (even with II missions or STP)?

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Interesting questions... moving the ship just after opponent has exhausted its range or is stopped and move your ship there, then being stopped and being unstopped at start of your turns, is a way to attack anywhere. Tantalus field could even be done on a stopped empty ship.

Relocation does not require staffing and you can even relocated stopped guys, so hopping around 2-x times a turn is also possible. STP has an at any time function so also possible in opponents turn. MissionsII... hm wording is: "move", don´t know. I´d assume when you use a wormhole the following sentence from movement in the glossary applies: "for movement using the word "move," it affects or checks all forms of movement". Meaning it needs to be staffed, unstopped and be moved only in your turn, as the mission II says "move". If you use a Wormhole and Mission, then the OR part of the MIssion II is an extension of the sentence with the "move" in it, so i´d say same when playing the Interrupt.

Cloaked?
"Cloaked cards are not considered to be opposing, present, "here" or otherwise located at their current location for requirements or abilities.

Cloaked cards are affected normally by cards that do not require specific targeting. For example, cloaked ships are affected normally by Q-Net, Stellar Flare, and Navigate Plasma Storms."

Since Wormhole plays on a specific ship to be "here" at the location, i´d say no. Since the 2nd sentence stats cards effect without SPECIFIC targeting.

Maybe a rule guy can double check, as I am not 100% sure here.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:11 pm You can play wormhole on your ship because Wormhole does not require your ship to be "here" or "present".
:thumbsup:

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:27 pm
Takket wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:11 pm You can play wormhole on your ship because Wormhole does not require your ship to be "here" or "present".
:thumbsup:
thx guys for clearifing. :)

I think seppel is really onto for a new deck ideal here... ;)

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As Allen and Takket corrected me the player who owns the ship may play cards on it.
see cloaked "Your opponent may not target your cloaked cards."
So you may, as long as the card does not require the ship to be present or here, as Takket/Allen stated.

That also includes your ships on engage cloak. see engage cloak. "It may be targeted by any card which may normally target a cloaked ship and which does not require the ship to be present or at the same location with anything else. "

Your welcome @eberlems :)

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]