This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Those cards were all made by Decipher. CC would have to have permission from whoever developed the software to make cards based on the game, unfortunately.

The game was developed by Activision and is 21 years old so I think if you asked nicely they probably wouldn't have any issue with it. If anything letting CC make cards based on the game is only going to potentially generate a few sales.

That being said the sleeping dog is lying and CC would be best to not start poking around lest they somehow get on the radar of someone at CBS/Paramount that decides "hey, who gave these people permission to make these cards???"

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
The CC wouldn't necessarily have to get Activision's permission to make cards based on Armada. They don't, strictly speaking, have permission from CBS to make cards based on the various Star Trek TV series and movies that they use. It's just not worth the bother for CBS to send the CC a C&D; it's not costing them any money for the CC to continue to exist and operate as it does.

However, making cards from Armada would expose the CC to the risk of a C&D from Activision Blizzard, and if that happened, that itself could threaten the CC's existence (the CC could no more survive a legal battle with Activision Blizzard than they could with CBS), or it could make CBS's lawyers think that it's time for the CC to cease operations.

There's so much unused content in the twenty-eight seasons and ten movies that the CC uses regularly to make cards that there's no need to invite trouble by making cards from other sources.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh. Activision Blizzard. *barf* I didn't realize Armada was owned by them. That's so gross.

Pity. There's some neat stuff in there.

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]