This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Let´s give it a fancy name:

diversely flavoured preconstructed MULTIPLAYER Scenario

The scenario rules are done and tested. 2-4 player possible and multiple matches can be played by different groups (3-4 player each). Its unoffcial/unsanctioned. Its for fun, not rating.

Group Philosophy for playing friendlies:
You don´t mind easier rules by cutting some of them (Quadrants, Infilrator etc.)? You like to be friendly and contribute positively to the health of the group? Woudn´t mind have a rules discussion end, when most agree, or play like: I allow you this IF you then you are tolerant if I have a rule question: mutual gentlements agreements, while all members needs to be gentlemen equaly? while being allowed to say no to anyone, even people in power and not be forced to cooperate if its a bad deal for you, yet wished to be constructive and contribute to the group? Congratulating others on wins, instead of blaming them? Being congratulated if you win, instead of being blamed/critisized? Mind play online Multiplayer instead of 1:1 solitary for a change? No deck building required, choose from all affiliations and sub-factions.

Multiplayer Features:
Do you like to have equal chance of winning by being provided a easy to play deck?
Do you love themed? where each deck is themed, and has really different affiliation flavor-mechanics? (60-cards draw deck each).
Do you like interactive Multiplayer (2, 3 or 4) with flexible victory sets to ensure a certain time frame for the game?,
You like a meaningful spaceline, that is symmetric and equal to all players, has different path and is fun to those who played the earlier access version? You woudn´t mind a seedphase that is completed in up to 5 minutes even if there are 4 player?

Do you have many people in your local area?
Or don´t you mind trying the free online approach?

Mind talking to me? It seems I am an as*hole yet maybe I am also simply competent for creating MP scenarios and a good group provider , attracting the right people and repell the wrong ones?
You don´t mind hear more about the MP format before you try it?
shipnerd: use my new server that now serves that purpose to ask and to schedule games. to be invited
(talk to me in trekcc or dojo discord, PM or Skype)

I am open for casual matches (even with individuals to get to know each other). Most decks (30 decks) are equal. I also got some more powerful or less powerful decks (Fed, Dominion Borg, as their where powerful in the series) then the most, so if you are inexperienced and want an advantage I give you one. or you are experienced and want other to show the format you can choose a weaker deck (maybe the all-women deck, or other themed niches) and be on equal terms with the one you train.

Final acceptance to the entire group is if you and I agree that we both want to be part in such a group, or if we come to a better idea of group philosophy for friendly matches :)

I also suggested it being an unsanctioned/unrated scenario for the Trekcc.

Edit many times: removed some grammar and spelling errors and clarified the meanings, I am german, not a native speaker :)
Last edited by ShipNerd on Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:50 am, edited 39 times in total.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The boys and I just use the galactic wheel. Seed dilemmas for the player to your left.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Galactic wheel is a classic.

Back when there were enough players in my local play group to do multi player games (late 1990s) we did two formats:

"Death Star" and "Grid"

Grid was a 6 by x rectangle where x was the number of players (usually 4-5). The first player had to place their first mission in one of the corners, and from there everyone had to place their mission adjacent to or immediately diagonal from an already-placed mission until the grid was filled in. Region missions had to go adjacent to another region mission and you could slide other missions around to accommodate it. You could move to any adjacent mission normally, or you could move to a diagonal mission at range +1.

Death Star was a Black Hole card with x 6-mission "spokes" radiating from it (again, x = number of players, usually 4-5). Every time the black hole pulled in a mission it rotated among the spokes. If you had to face a Cytherians you had to go into the middle and then out to the end of a different spoke.

Both formats took hours to play but were a ton of fun. Highly recommend!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In the heat of the moment I'm tempted to try a match (I'd like to look at the decks, perhaps pick one and browse it; perhaps I get too enthusiastic and join, even while I shouldn't! :mrgreen: ), but I must be realistic -- I'll probably not have the time for a while.
But the ideas seem fun. And I'm not at all opposed to pre-fab deck, nor to basic rules, gameplay.

If you'd want more input regarding MP ideas, I could look up the link to a topic about that... multiple MP rules / notes were dumped there, I think...

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:29 pm In the heat of the moment I'm tempted to try a match (I'd like to look at the decks, perhaps pick one and browse it; perhaps I get too enthusiastic and join, even while I shouldn't! :mrgreen: ), but I must be realistic -- I'll probably not have the time for a while.
But the ideas seem fun. And I'm not at all opposed to pre-fab deck, nor to basic rules, gameplay.

If you'd want more input regarding MP ideas, I could look up the link to a topic about that... multiple MP rules / notes were dumped there, I think...
Sure join the server and we arrange play when both have time :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
ShipNerd wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:30 pmSure
I took this to (partially) mean that you were interested, so here is ye olde repository for custom multi-player game rules.
join the server and we arrange play when both have time :)
ATM I don't see much advantage in that, as I'm seldomly on Disco when not arranged before-hand.

Clarification: What I would like, to perhaps turn my impulsive enthusiasm into actual "time-making" (wirkliches zeitmachen?), is to browse the pre-constructed decks.
Do you have lists? Have I, in my hurry, overlooked links?

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:52 pm
Clarification: What I would like, to perhaps turn my impulsive enthusiasm into actual "time-making" (wirkliches zeitmachen?), is to browse the pre-constructed decks.
Do you have lists? Have I, in my hurry, overlooked links?
There is no list here, nor did I want to boringly go into rule details,yet. Anyone may ask me for details though, in PM, Skype or Discord. So you have limited time: Suggested max. playtime for playing a 2 player game requires 60 minutes (there are others who showed inserted. that's where the server is for. its 90 minutes for 3 player , 120 for 4). So lets just have some fun and play :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
ShipNerd wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:20 amThere is no list here, nor did I want to boringly go into rule details,yet. Anyone may ask me for details though, in PM, Skype or Discord. So you have limited time: Suggested max. playtime for playing a 2 player game requires 60 minutes (there are others who showed inserted. that's where the server is for. its 90 minutes for 3 player , 120 for 4). So lets just have some fun and play :)
Thanks for the timing details. Rest of the rules, I don't mind being explained/retracted, while we play.

But I'll not be able to (nor want to) play with a deck that I haven't seen before; the only instance I might consider that, is in an "also play your opponent's deck" tourney. (I need a lot of non-pressured time to look into the deck, to have maximum fun with it. I like to get to know its story, and get a bit up to speed with its content.)

As said, if I can browse some decks, I might get interested enough to choose a (few) favourite(s) and really make some time.

Could you send out some links, then? I'd be interested to see what you made of any or all of these: [Fed] [1E-Fer] [Kaz] [Bor] [SF] [NA] and/or [Hir] (not ordered by preference!).

(If you like to keep the decks to yourself for a bit longer, that's your prerogative, of course. But for a blind game, TBH, I'll not be able to drag myself away from my chores. And in any case, I can't make promises yet.)

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 am
ShipNerd wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:20 amSo you have limited time: Suggested max. playtime for playing a 2 player game requires 60 minutes (there are others who showed inserted. that's where the server is for. its 90 minutes for 3 player , 120 for 4). So lets just have some fun and play :)
Thanks for the timing details. Rest of the rules, I don't mind being explained/retracted, while we play.

But I'll not be able to (nor want to) play with a deck that I haven't seen before;

I'd be interested to see what you made of any or all of these: [Fed] [1E-Fer] [Kaz] [Bor] [SF] [NA] and/or [Hir] (not ordered by preference!).

(If you like to keep the decks to yourself for a bit longer, that's your prerogative, of course.
Viewing Deck and rules:
There is a one page rule document (+how to create the spaceline depending on how many player participate). You are allowed to have a look at both yours and others(opponents/my) deck, as that is just fair. There are multiple [Fed] decks (4). To have a little bit of a menu to choose from, according to your preference:

selected Menu of decks:

Decktitle: StarfleetENT

Description: In the 22nd Century, it was finally time to swim, for United Earth´s Starfleet. While the main goal was to make peaceful contact, explore strange new worlds and cartograph new space phenomena, it became necessary to find weaknesses of the other species in order to not be destroyed by Nausicaans, Klingons and even Borg.

Quote:
"At this site, a powerful engine will be built, that let us go boldly to where no one has gone before." - Zefram Cochrane „The final frontier begins in this hall, let´s explore it together“ Johnathan Archer

Decktitel: StarfleetTNG

Description: In the year 2364, the U.S.S. Enterprise-D, is the flagship of the United Federation in thier golden age. The Klingons are allies after the Treaty of Khithomer. The Cardassians where no real thread. Romulans where buisy elsewhere. Using peacefull diplomatic contact, the UFP increased their range of influence. Scientists of all 150 member worlds discover the secrets of the universe. Starfleet had to adapt though, once they encountered the Borg Collective.

Quote:
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Captain Picard
Live long and prosper – Federation Ambassador Sarek.

Decktitel: StarfleetDS9

Description: In 2371, Starfleet realized they lose the peace, meaning that War, was they only hope. Captain Benjamin Sisko was choosen to plan the Invasion of Cardassia in the Dominion War. New ship classes like the Defiant and the Akira where used to ensure the Federation has a chance against violant military forces. Admiral Ross was Starfleets Fleet Admiral/CnC during that time.

Quote:
We´ll make sure the Dominion ever set a foot into the alpha quadrant. - Nog
There comes a time in every man´s life where he must stop thinking and start doing – Captain Sisko.

Decktitel: TheBorgTNG

Description: The Borg made first contact with the Federation due to Q and then encountered other alpha quadrant affiliations, like the Romulans. Their goal at that time was to assimilate technology.

Quote:
Q: They are like the ultimate user. They are not interested in you, but your ship and it´s technology.

Decktitel: Hirogen

Description: Their home is not known, but they are hunters moving around the galaxy, searching for prey worth being hunted.

Quote:
Alpha Hirogen : The way a creature behaves when it is wounded is the key to its destruction.

Decktitel: Ferengi

Description: The Ferengi Alliance is based on negotiations for maximizing profit. Made unofficial contact with United Earth in the 22nd Century and official contact with the United Federation of Planets in the 24th century. Philosophy based on the Rules of Acuqistion from Grand Nagus Gint. Greed is eternal. War is good for buisness. Peace is good for buisness. Every man has its prize. Now having a kinder gentler Nagus Rom.

Quote:
"The way I see it, humans used to be a lot like Ferengi, greedy, acquisitive, interested only in profit. We're a constant reminder of a part of your past you'd like to forget."

"But you're overlooking something: humans used to be a lot worse than the Ferengi. Slavery. Concentration camps. Interstellar wars. We have nothing in our past that approaches that kind of barbarism. You see? We're nothing like you. We're better.“ - Quark.

----
Each of those 60 card decks comes with 1-2 special flavour abilities and 1-2 ways to get extra bonus points depending on the theme, based on abilities, e.g. TNGFed gets point for a science surviving on opponents mission for 1 turn, Ferengi get 5 points for bribing/brainwashing an opponents non-Borg personnel etc. The decks are otherwise simple; you can play them without knowing a seed/download chain. 5 minutes to look through before playing should do the trick but you are free to use more time of course.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
HsuDoNihm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:44 pm sounds like fun! Look forward to it.
Yeah you played a 2 player game with the decks. So far everyone who tried it liked it. But not everyone has to try. The decks are more like warp speed, then OTF, short seed phase, no download chains, decks ready out of the box, no perfecting them. Okay a bit more interesting then warp speed decks (themed affiliation abilities). The main part is, its not competing with the opponent but more like tribbes, because there are multiplayer player and you may switch helping, attacking them creating a more fluid experience then opposing one player all the time. Originaly it was tested with friends locally and that how it works best. But since OTF has fewer and fewer online player and themed and equal chances are more and more interesting to people that´s a MP version of it :)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation