This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Can you tell me what primary draw/play engines are for these Borg decks? Specifically how many Borg a "good" deck is playing each turn, and how many cards it is drawing.

1. [1E-TNG] [Bor] (I know TWBC and Ultimate User provides two free plays. No queens in this deck!)
2. They will be coming
3. None of the above (I.e. regular [1E-DQ] [Bor] ) (I see Tactical Cubes, Maturation chambers, and Unicomplex providing free plays).

I see most [Bor] decks use New Arrivals but I'm always curious of the mechanics of how this works. I played against someone using this and I know its a lot of "play converted to draw converted to download" with Seven and the Queen. I assume Awaken is always a major part since I can use that during opponent's turn too.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for the reply...

let me drill down on what I don't understand about New Arrivals with the Borg......

This deck for example

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=26527

It uses SoG Borg Queen to DL We Are The Borg twice. First one downloads drones on your first turn, second one hits the table. Gives you a free drone OR additional end of turn draw. Makes sense.

This deck also seeds The Will Be Coming, which gives you a free drone.

It seeds New Arrivals

It will swap out the SoG Borg Queen for the FC Borg Queen who can download drones in place of a card draw. I get that.

So this is where I get lost...... I can play three drones for free in a turn, New Arrivals then We Are The Borg then TWBC... but that immediately breaks New Arrivals. So I seeded New Arrivals to net me only one free play.

Okay I don't want to do that......

So I play one drone for free per turn with TWBC, and I can draw 3 cards with New arrivals, WatB, and my normal card draw. I can convert one of those to a drone download into play with Borg Queen (OTF rules), and download two drones to my hand (since the rules allow that).

But no matter how I slice it I can only play one drone for free (without breaking new arrivals) and download one drone into play with Borg Queen, per turn. (Not including normal card plays, I'm just talking about free plays and downloads).

I feel like i'm missing some trick here to reporting Borg in greater quantities.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
You can afford to spend your normal card plays on personnel since your card draws are covered.

I also like to roll with Awaken in quantity to download drones on my opponent's turn.

Also there's a lot of download in place of card draw stuff that isn't personnel and having those card draws available really greases the skids of the Borg machine.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:42 pm Thanks for the reply...

let me drill down on what I don't understand about New Arrivals with the Borg......

This deck for example

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=26527

It uses SoG Borg Queen to DL We Are The Borg twice. First one downloads drones on your first turn, second one hits the table. Gives you a free drone OR additional end of turn draw. Makes sense.

This deck also seeds The Will Be Coming, which gives you a free drone.

It seeds New Arrivals

It will swap out the SoG Borg Queen for the FC Borg Queen who can download drones in place of a card draw. I get that.

So this is where I get lost...... I can play three drones for free in a turn, New Arrivals then We Are The Borg then TWBC... but that immediately breaks New Arrivals. So I seeded New Arrivals to net me only one free play.

Okay I don't want to do that......

So I play one drone for free per turn with TWBC, and I can draw 3 cards with New arrivals, WatB, and my normal card draw. I can convert one of those to a drone download into play with Borg Queen (OTF rules), and download two drones to my hand (since the rules allow that).

But no matter how I slice it I can only play one drone for free (without breaking new arrivals) and download one drone into play with Borg Queen, per turn. (Not including normal card plays, I'm just talking about free plays and downloads).

I feel like i'm missing some trick here to reporting Borg in greater quantities.
Borg isn't about how many you report but WHO you report. Borg can do more with queen, 7, 2 and 3 of 9, 3 assault drones, second and a bio med drone than non Borg decks can do with the first 12 dudes they draw.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i usually use my 7o9 card play to download a drone to maturation chamber, play one drone for free and convert a couple draws into equipments.
Its usually enough to report 2-3 drones per turn.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation