This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
can someone explain, why generations is compatible, but not the other tng crew movies?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
thats at least something ^^

but shouldnt the -B and -C not be compatible then? ;)
as it appearently also has weird interactions with finest crew

and if the -D is the only indicator. ds9 should work as well, as it was shown there.

i might come across as trolling, but the card makes no sense to me.
especially people ask for generations in tng-only now.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
The other TNG movies are grouped together via the [EE] icon. Mechanically, Gerenations doesn't fit with them. And thematically, Generations feels more like a capstone to the TNG series than a new adventure like the later movies.

The Enterprise-C appeared in an episode TNG. It doesn't make any more sense to exclude that ship and its crew than it would to exclude the Sutherland its crew.

I do agree that it would make more sense to exclude the Enterprise-B and other [CF] Generations cards. My best guess here is that the designers felt like the benefit of excluding that low a segment of cards was not worth the added complexity of including the exclusion.

As for DS9, the Enterprise-D showed up in the premiere as a cameo. That episode could be used to justify a [1E-DS9] U.S.S. Enterprise. But the whole goal of Continuing Mission and Reshape the Quadrant is to separate TNG and DS9 mechanically (similar to how the rest of Trek is separated by [22] , [OS] , [CF] , [EE] and [1E-DQ] ), so giving all DS9 logo personnel and ships [1E-TNG] would invalidate that goal.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i would argue that insurrection was the most tng-y movie of all of them.
but yeah [1E-TNG] [CF] is probably the worst offender lol.
pretty messy.

wouldnt mind a [1E-DS9] ent-d tho :D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:07 pm i would argue that insurrection was the most tng-y movie of all of them.
but yeah [1E-TNG] [CF] is probably the worst offender lol.
pretty messy.

wouldnt mind a [1E-DS9] ent-d tho :D
Story- wise, I completely agree with you. The first thing I remember saying when I left the theater was "I feel like I just watched a 2 hour episode of TNG on the big screen" (or something to that effect... that was 23(!) years ago).

Gameplay-wise, not so much. The -D vs. -E [1E-TNG] / [EE] is a very clear gameplay demarcation.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
If we're just going to cross-pollinate anyway, why did we even bother making [1E-TNG] and [1E-DS9] in the first place?

:P

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:43 am If we're just going to cross-pollinate anyway, why did we even bother making [1E-TNG] and [1E-DS9] in the first place?

:P
what about [1E-TNG] and [CF] then?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Certain Generations cards (ie not Soran, Kirk etc) are [CF] and [1E-TNG] already

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 am Certain Generations cards (ie not Soran, Kirk etc) are [CF] and [1E-TNG] already
thats the argument.

guess its only a matter of time until you can play The Undiscovered Country in a cm deck

D.C. Franklin
Demora Sulu
John Harriman
Mark Tobiaston
Marruu
Pavel Chekov
Voight
Millin
U.S.S. Enterprise-B

totally reflects the spirit of tng ;)
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:33 am You could also have a [1E-TNG] Deep Space 9 too. Several of the DS9 crew could be [1E-TNG] - some already are like Quark.
Technically, you couldn't (unless the TNG icon is printed on Deep Space 9) - Continuing Mission doesn't affect outposts. (Which is something that's important to keep in mind when using Scientific Diplomacy.)

But, as a result, you could just use regular DS9 (or any other Nor - Cargo Runs are fun with Equipment Replicator) in your TNG deck.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation