This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:03 pm No Advanced CharlieMetrics for Round 2, @MidnightLich ?

That's my favorite part of this nonsense! :wink:
Well that's good to know. I didn't know anyone actually read most of those, let alone care about 'em. I'll see what I can work up.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:13 pm Well that's good to know. I didn't know anyone actually read most of those, let alone care about 'em. I'll see what I can work up.

-crp
I also enjoy reading them.
 -  
Prophet
Back by popular demand, here is some data from Round 2:

We had 85 votes in the "left" bracket and 80 in the "right." I'm happy with that turnout, even though it's about 10 less than last year's. But that's okay, last year's response was so huge I can't expect to beat it.

Side note: I am curious why there's always a difference in the number of votes. Do I need to do a better job letting people know there are multiple forms? Would it be better to put it all in one? Or is it just normal because some portions of the bracket don't interest everyone? Last year I would have expected that because it was segregated by series, but this year I didn't. Oh well!

Here is how the series did overall:

TOS went 3-4 this round, making them 10-9 overall.
TNG went 3-1 this round, bring them to 7-9 overall.
DS9 went 4-5 this round, to a total of 13-8 overall.
VOY went 4-4 this round, evenly splitting again to go to 12-12 overall.
ENT went 2-2 this round, coming to a total of 6-10.

In no particular order, here is the number of episodes in each series that have cards remaining: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4. This means 2 of the series (Voyager and someone else) have all of their original episodes still in it, 2 more are down to 2, and 1 series is down to 1 episode left.

There was a single upset (by original rank) this round, so 93.75% of the matches went the way they were "supposed to."

Going into this round, there were 14 episodes with at least 1 card left in the bracket. Round 2 saw 2 more episodes completely eliminated, meaning there are 12 episodes left with at least one card. Several of those have just a single card remaining.

There was exactly one tie. It happens on average once per year. When there is a tie, my vote breaks the tie. This means one match will have 1 more vote in total than all the others in the bracket.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:48 pm did you mean "data from round 1???" did i miss round 2 already???
Round 2 results are in, they just aren't posted yet (they go public tonight at the tick).

These factoids are teasers for the results that are about to go live.
 -  
Prophet
Yeah. New polls go up every Wednesday and end the following Monday. We started with 64 and cut that in half on Week 1; Week 2, which ended on Monday, cut the field in half again down to 16. That's what the above post is referencing.

Round 3 a.k.a. the Sweet 16 starts at the tick tonight, running until Monday.
Round 4 a.k.a. the Elite 8 begins Wednesday, March 23rd.
Round 5 a.k.a. the Final 4 begins Wednesday, March 30th.
Round 6 a.k.a. the Championship begins Wednesday, April 6th.
The winner is announced on Wednesday, April 13th.

I hope this helps,
-crp

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 pm Yeah. New polls go up every Wednesday and end the following Monday. We started with 64 and cut that in half on Week 1; Week 2, which ended on Monday, cut the field in half again down to 16. That's what the above post is referencing.

Round 3 a.k.a. the Sweet 16 starts at the tick tonight, running until Monday.
Round 4 a.k.a. the Elite 8 begins Wednesday, March 23rd.
Round 5 a.k.a. the Final 4 begins Wednesday, March 30th.
Round 6 a.k.a. the Championship begins Wednesday, April 6th.
The winner is announced on Wednesday, April 13th.

I hope this helps,
-crp
thought i missed round two, but rethinking it, pretty sure I voted....... it is entirely possible i'm just losing my mind lol
 -  
Prophet
Don't forget to vote in the Sweet 16 poll! Every match is close - there's 1 pair separated by just 1 vote - so your votes count. Poll closes on Monday morning, so use some time this weekend to make your thoughts known and vote!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
The polls are now closed. On Wednesday, you'll vote to cut the now 8 remaining card ideas down to 4. It's exciting! A total of 93 votes were cast in this round, which is about the same margin less as last year we've had all along this process. But, the average participation in the Sweet 16 was higher than any other round so far - so thank you!

Here are some quick stats for you:

One of the series has been completely eliminated and has no card concepts remaining in this year's bracket. All of the other series have at least 1 card remaining in the Elite 8.

There are 6 different episodes represented in the Elite 8. This means that 6 episodes were eliminated during the voting.

The closest margin was 3 votes. The widest was 27 votes.

6 of the cards that were leading at halftime (Friday morning) ended up losing their matches.

If one assumes that the finished cards would be the most unusual card type possible, then this round eliminated at least 1 card type from contention.

Results - and the Elite 8 poll - go up Wednesday!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Fixed an error in my initial post.
 -  
Prophet
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:59 pmResults - and the Elite 8 poll - go up Wednesday!
My personal opinion: this is going to be brutal.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
So what do you think of the Elite 8?

Which card do you think is the favorite to win it all?

Which card is shocking to still see in the game?

What's the toughest matchup?

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Da Fuq with Lirpa... I mean, seriously?!
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I’m liking Transporter Duplicate. Especially after years of Clone Machine being banned.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:28 am Da Fuq with Lirpa... I mean, seriously?!
[Vul] About to drop the hammer on Bearskins. Bring on the Berserk Changelings!!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:59 am
Armus wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:28 am Da Fuq with Lirpa... I mean, seriously?!
[Vul] About to drop the hammer on Bearskins. Bring on the Berserk Changelings!!!
I hear you but that card should have been made with the [22] [Vul] sets years ago.

I guess carrying it across the finish line is a good way to make sure it finally gets made, but man, what a wasted opportunity for some of these other card ideas. Really undercuts the whole premise of the exercise... :?

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]