This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
We're at 85 votes with just over 24 hours to go. Last week, we had a big push of people voting on Sunday, so there is still plenty of time. And one of the races is extremely close, so every vote counts!

Thank you for your participation.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
The polls for the Final 4 are closed, and this Wednesday you'll get to vote on the final battle. This was a crazy round, with one of the matches ending up with a 12 vote difference (after being pretty close earlier). The other match ended up with a 2 vote difference, which is awesome to see.

As for the final, I'm sticking to my rule of not spoiling the result before the poll goes live. One of the matches was a DS9 card vs DS9 card, Section 31 Recruitment vs. The Warrior's Anthem; thus, DS9 is guaranteed a place in the final. The other match pit TNG's Transporter Duplicate against TOS' Ancestral Arena. How do you think that match ended up? Will it be DS9 vs TNG or DS9 vs TOS?

Oh, and finally...
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:47 pmIf we can get about 60% of those of you voting to also take the bonus survey, I'll throw in some extra prizes.
77.8% of you agreed to participate in the bonus survey, so there shall be extra prizes!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Polls are open and this has already been a back-and-forth battle!

-crp
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I would be happy with either finalist. But I went with Transporter Duplicate because Section 31 Recruitment felt like more toys for Fed, whereas TD could work for anyone.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:24 am I would be happy with either finalist. But I went with Transporter Duplicate because Section 31 Recruitment felt like more toys for Fed, whereas TD could work for anyone.
Section 31 Recruitment could possibly be used for any intelligence faction...

-James M

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Orbin wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:42 am

-James M
[/quote]

At a minimum, it'd be cool to loop in Tal Shiar so Koval can work with it.
 -  
Prophet
It's an incredibly tight race so far! Every time I've checked, there has never been more than a 5 vote difference between Section 31 Recruitment and Transporter Duplication. And we've got a very high turnout so far, which is awesome to see!

Get out and vote! Let your friends know, everyone is welcome!

-crp
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Orbin wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:42 am
JeBuS wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:24 am I would be happy with either finalist. But I went with Transporter Duplicate because Section 31 Recruitment felt like more toys for Fed, whereas TD could work for anyone.

-James M
Maybe, but then it seems like the name is wrong for the card. If it's not focused on Section 31, what's the point of naming it "Section 31 Recruitment"? Do I think Intelligence Services should get more love in 1E? Yes, absolutely. Do I think Section 31 alone should get the love? Not really.
 -  
Prophet
Over 90 of you gorgeous folk have voted so far, and the polls are still open until tomorrow. We're just 2 votes shy of tying last year's tally, and the race is still incredibly tight. If you haven't voted, get out there and do so!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
And the polls are closed! A total of 93 of you voted in this championship match and the winner has been chosen. You'll find out which card won, and who will be getting a prize, on Wednesday.

In the mean time, I thought you might like to see how this year's participation matched up to our previous years. Here's a graph:
2019, 2020 and 2021.png
2019, 2020 and 2021.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
The numbers are the number of voters in each round. For the 1st and 2nd round, since there were multiple polls, the value represents the average participation across all the polls.

I'll be back with more data later in the week. And don't forget to check for the results on Wednesday!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
I don't know how, but the article announcing the winning card and winners of the drawing didn't go live when it should have. I've just forced it through:

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... ticle=3296

-crp
 -  
Prophet
So, it's very, very early to talk about March Madness 2023, but I enjoy procrastinating. What would you like to see repeated for 2023? What would you like to see changed?

-crp

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]