This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Generally, as long as all parties are having fun.

Kitchen table with friends but with otf rules are the norm for me. Usually there’s 1/4 that will build outside of the OTF, but he doesn’t take advantage and grief in any way so it’s all cool. We try and keep about the time, but if we go over that’s also ok.

Again, whatever is fun.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
StuartL wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:20 pm I play casually, building decks for myself and my opponent based around a series and a theme. [1E-DS9][1E-Maq], [1E-TNG][1E-Rom] (The virtual cards are awesome for this, thank you CC!) We use some of the OTF rules to keep things fair, but we allow mission stealing so long as it isn't blatant.
I'm very curious: what counts as "blatant"? Obviously I don't expect a strict definition, because it sounds like you "know it when you see it." But I'd love to know what kinds of things make mission theft more (or less) "blatant."

By StuartL
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
StuartL wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:20 pm I play casually, building decks for myself and my opponent based around a series and a theme. [1E-DS9][1E-Maq], [1E-TNG][1E-Rom] (The virtual cards are awesome for this, thank you CC!) We use some of the OTF rules to keep things fair, but we allow mission stealing so long as it isn't blatant.
I'm very curious: what counts as "blatant"? Obviously I don't expect a strict definition, because it sounds like you "know it when you see it." But I'd love to know what kinds of things make mission theft more (or less) "blatant."
Seeding a set of dilemmas under the mission that you easily bypass because you have exactly the right crew would be an example of blatant.
On the other hand, if I clear all the dilemmas, but am unable to complete the mission and so return to my outpost to pick up more crew leaving the mission there for the taking, that is on me.

As I am building all the decks, (though I did just give my friend his own [1E-DS9][Fed][Baj] deck that he can build from) I try to include lots of multi-affiliation missions to keep things interesting.
Neither of us are very competitive, so it usually all works out okay anyway.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
StuartL wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:23 am Seeding a set of dilemmas under the mission that you easily bypass because you have exactly the right crew would be an example of blatant.
On the other hand, if I clear all the dilemmas, but am unable to complete the mission and so return to my outpost to pick up more crew leaving the mission there for the taking, that is on me.
That's really interesting, because it's the opposite of the definition I usually hear about "good" vs. "bad" mission stealing.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nowdays: Casual.

Used to be hardcore competive, in terms of building the best deck i could possible build and refine it.

Leanred to dislike OTF in the last time (not because OTF is bad, i get that pro-player who play the game for 20 years want to use their skills there) but because i want to play equal and balanced games.

Interactive Multiplayer with pre-constructed decks and easy to learn premiere rules (+ [DL] , minus [Art] , minus [Holo] ))

Just played a real life multiplayer match yesterday with 3 other trekkies who never played 1e. They where not only capable of getting the rules after a short explaination and a few turns but also one of them won in a close match and all had fun. For pictures/report see trekcc or dojo discord or facebook stccg.

In a time where time is scare (many have family), thats my way to go.

Next event will be online again. Feel free to message me if you want to know when we shedule the next match.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation