This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Hi all, and welcome to your latest Friday Question!

I’ve been thinking about time a lot this week. I got caught out by the fact that the USA had changed the clocks for daylight savings already, while in Europe that’s not until this weekend!

Being an international community, scheduling games online can be tricky, so we need to constantly be aware of time zones so we can arrange matches!

Similarly, the times when people are generally free to play also vary! For example, if I’m playing Maggie it’s usually once she’s finished work, but if I was to play BCSWowbagger he’s very much a night owl.

So my Friday Question is what times of day do you usually prefer to play?

For example, if I’m running a local tournament, Saturday afternoons are usually best, but if I’m playing online usually weekend mornings are best for me (myself and Lofty have a regular Playtesting game most Sundays in fact).

So let us all know when’s best for you?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I need to add a minor correction here. When I play Paddy, I’m usually skiving off work midday. I’m generally done teaching class, but should be grading papers or doing Department Chair stuff.

One of the only good things that has come out of working remotely is that I can schedule games with the Euro crowd midday for me during the week, which is usually after dinner for them. I recognize that I’m very lucky I can do this, as my job allows me a lot of leeway in when I get stuff done.

Oh, and I found that when I linked my laptop up with my work OneDrive, all my personal files, including Lackey, are visible on my work machine. :o

When I schedule games with Norteamericanos, I generally do so after the kids have gone to bed.

Oh, and I always play Tribbles at 9:00 pm Central on Tuesdays. #shamelessplug
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Like the man said, I'm a night owl. During the day, I lurk the forums a bit, but I'm either working or parenting, so I have to be able to turn away on a dime. Night is when all my actual free time is.

Weekend afternoons can work, though, because we designate 2 PM - 4PM as rest periods -- nap for the little one, stay-out-of-mom-and-dad's-hair time for the elder.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I Don’t like online play. To complex to do on a phone.

I like to play weekdays evening before having kids.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]