This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:34 pm If you get Safety and Dance together at a location, you can dance if you want to and leave your friends behind.
:D :D :D
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Man, these all continue to be great and extremely balanced ideas! I've never seen proposals whizz to Rules approval so fast! First Edition has a bold and brilliant future ahead on the Final Tribbles Frontier!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sabotage: when played, if wearing wooden shoes, you must throw them into a nearby piece of machinery. If not, lose ten points.

Generosity: download Lemon-aid from you QC side deck and give it to opponent. They score points.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Shift: When played, trade places with your opponent. You play their deck and they play yours (or vice versa). The player of the winning deck is considered the winner of the game.

...Talk about a come from behind card! :D

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Takket wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:22 pm Sabotage: when played, if wearing wooden shoes, you must throw them into a nearby piece of machinery. If not, lose ten points.
I see what you did there. Bonus points to you for the reference.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Poison: Each turn, your opponents each lose 1 bonus point (not cumulative). If this tribble ever leaves play, its owner loses 10 points.

Toxin: Every turn, your opponents each lose 1 bonus point (not cumulative). If this tribble ever leaves play, its owner loses 10 points.

By Hobie (Robert Petersen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Roll: Take 5 dice and roll them. If you rolled a prime number, score that many points. If not, your opponent rolls 5 dice. If they roll higher than you did, your Storage Compartment Door is now closed.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:11 pm This sounds all pretty awesome...but I have tried playing with a Tribble side deck....where could I find a rundown on how to do that in a way that a complete novice could understand?
I'm not sure whether you've successfully pulled my leg here, but: OP's date suggests that he was having a particularly specific kind of day... :wink:

Or did you get that, and is your question generic in nature? In that case, I'll be reading along. :thumbsup: Trib/Troub is something I've never played with, yet. :o

Also, forgot to mention: well played, Wowbagger. I'm glad I caught on early in the day and was actually -- this time -- actively looking out for it; or else I might have had a fit, befitting a Traditionalist! :lol:
:cheersL:

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:11 am
stressedoutatumc wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:11 pm This sounds all pretty awesome...but I have tried playing with a Tribble side deck....where could I find a rundown on how to do that in a way that a complete novice could understand?
I'm not sure whether you've successfully pulled my leg here, but: OP's date suggests that he was having a particularly specific kind of day... :wink:

Or did you get that, and is your question generic in nature? In that case, I'll be reading along. :thumbsup: Trib/Troub is something I've never played with, yet. :o

Also, forgot to mention: well played, Wowbagger. I'm glad I caught on early in the day and was actually -- this time -- actively looking out for it; or else I might have had a fit, befitting a Traditionalist! :lol:
:cheersL:
I honestly meant it generally. I'm aware theres a fairly popular Tribble CCG game apart from the main game. I'm also aware that there's a tribble side deck that I can use with Storage Compartment Door to screw with my opponent. I'm just not entirely sure how to even use tribbles out of the side deck. I've tried to search and ask in the past, but the idea just never made sense to me so I was just wondering if there was some kind of thing I could read or video I could watch that explains to me is all.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I don't know if anyone has ever done a proper how-to article, but if it helps here's my current side deck:

4x 10 Tribbles
4x 100 Tribbles
4x 1,000 Tribbles
3x 10,000 Tribbles
1x 100,000 Tribbles
2x ... On The Bridge (Trouble)

* I don't use 1s because *everyone* finds them annoying, plus I'm aiming to get those bigger ones down and since you can play 10s they don't help me anyway.

* I consider my side deck working based on how much time the opponent loses having to deal with them (remember, dropping or beaming a tribble stops the personnel!). These won't win you the game, but they can buy you a fair bit of time (especially against opponents who can't abide having the furry menace on their stuff).

* Tips on where to put them - I usually start on their HQ/main reporting location and then just starting new piles on each ship.

* Biggest advice: don't forget to play them each turn. (I'm *terrible* for this.)

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:08 am * Biggest advice: don't forget to play them each turn. (I'm *terrible* for this.)
Preach!

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:08 am
I don't know if anyone has ever done a proper how-to article, but if it helps here's my current side deck:

4x 10 Tribbles
4x 100 Tribbles
4x 1,000 Tribbles
3x 10,000 Tribbles
1x 100,000 Tribbles

* I don't use 1s because *everyone* finds them annoying, plus I'm aiming to get those bigger ones down and since you can play 10s they don't help me anyway.

* I consider my side deck working based on how much time the opponent loses having to deal with them (remember, dropping or beaming a tribble stops the personnel!). These won't win you the game, but they can buy you a fair bit of time (especially against opponents who can't abide having the furry menace on their stuff).

* Tips on where to put them - I usually start on their HQ/main reporting location and then just starting new piles on each ship.

* Biggest advice: don't forget to play them each turn. (I'm *terrible* for this.)
So these are just essentially free plays? This wouldn't be my card play for the turn, correct? My understanding is that they are designed just to muddle things for the opposing player?

How does one get rid of tribbles? Can they be beamed off ship, carried? Should I just consider them equipment?

Apologies for all the questions, I'm just confused by this mechanic.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:52 am
AllenGould wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:08 am

4x 10 Tribbles
4x 100 Tribbles
4x 1,000 Tribbles
3x 10,000 Tribbles
1x 100,000 Tribbles

So these are just essentially free plays? This wouldn't be my card play for the turn, correct? My understanding is that they are designed just to muddle things for the opposing player?

How does one get rid of tribbles? Can they be beamed off ship, carried? Should I just consider them equipment?

Apologies for all the questions, I'm just confused by this mechanic.
I'd start with the glossary and go from there:
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/G ... hp#tribble
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]