This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[Dom] Working on a Dominion deck. Can someone point me to the right place to learn about quadrants? I think I want to start in the Gamma Quadrant - is this two separate spacelines? Can I have my missions right next to each other? I've never really done the quadrant thing before but it looks like Dominion offers a ton of benefits for it. Any advice is welcomed!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes, the Gamma Quadrant forms a separate spaceline. Here are the three parts of the Rulebook that I think provide all the basic data about quadrants:

Mission Phase
Reporting for Duty
Moving Between Quadrants

Of course, that's a long (LONG) way from all the cross-quadrant cards and strategies that matter! But it's a start.

Note: I personally view Dominion's position in the Gamma Quadrant as a weakness rather than a strength -- but a deliberate weakness. Dominion is very strong and can wipe most opponents off the board. They are the only affiliation that is keyed strongly toward straight lockout strategies. Forcing them to start in the GQ effectively slows them down a bit and buys opponent some time to establish defenses / score some points before the Dominion locusts arrive to ravage.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Start yourself in the gamma quadrant and seed The First Stable Wormhole. That gets you access to the AQ from the seed phase.

You can also play a [Dom] / [Car] deck that’s all in the AQ. I had a fun time playing this deck last year.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Yankee!
Have you seen / read the Spotlight and/or Affiliation HQ articles on [Dom] ?
(Or, @jadziadax8 and @BCSWowbagger, is there a reason NOT to read those (i.e., obsolete, bad info)?)
If they are usefull, I can come back and add links.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm sure it's probably still good. Any decks changed by errata will receive a note to that effect.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I reread Andreas's Dominion articles and the spotlight not long ago. They were useful and still pretty solidly relevant.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah they could use a bit of polishing and a new article for alpha [Car] / [Dom] , but those articles are great and teach about deck ratios and how to set up the birthing chamber/young jemmie/old jemmie swap mechanics. good stuff for a complicated topic.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I may not agree with Andreas on a few things (mostly from Quark's Bar) but DAMN, he knows his Dominion and he is a fantastic writer. Those articles are top notch.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Agreed on the articles! Quick question - can Remote Supply Depot be easily downloaded, or do I just have to hope to draw it? Just wondering if I download a Dominion Engineer with Assign Support Personnel to build an outpost, how can I get it? Sorry - some of the nuances escape me.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nyyankees72 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:44 pm Agreed on the articles! Quick question - can Remote Supply Depot be easily downloaded, or do I just have to hope to draw it? Just wondering if I download a Dominion Engineer with Assign Support Personnel to build an outpost, how can I get it? Sorry - some of the nuances escape me.
Ultimatum is cash money.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:30 pm yeah they could use a bit of polishing and a new article for alpha [Car] / [Dom] , but those articles are great and teach about deck ratios and how to set up the birthing chamber/young jemmie/old jemmie swap mechanics. good stuff for a complicated topic.
I actually think it'd be great for some kind of quick links for the spotlight articles, so it'd be easier to read or review, right now it's kind of a chore to be able to find them.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation