This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Overall, removing or highly limiting mission stealing is regarded as a good thing, or at least a necessary evil. Too many ways to bypass, etc.

But, that does leave the game poorer off in a couple regards. One less way to interact with the opponent, one less strategic way of sniping points, and worst of all for me - the fact that so many cards now have game text that is irrelevant.

So here's the crazy idea I had of how to make the opponent's end of missions useful again:

When you are about to complete a mission, opponent may reveal they they can complete their side of the same mission to stop both crews/away teams. . (wording would need tweaking)

- This would require you to be on the planet at a planet mission, and aboard an uncloaked ship in space.
- If opponent can complete by other means (objective, etc) they can still stop you.
- Timing-wise, this should happen between the last dilemma (if there is one) and revealing you have the requirements, so you can bluff.
- Oppoenent's personnel are stopped, so they would need multiple teams to prevent multiple attempts from you
- Cards like espionage would allow then to complete their side.
- Borg would be unable to do this, but are also unable to be stopped by you doing it.
- A way to slow down, without locking out speed decks?
- Promotes interaction in encouraging me to find ways to encourage you to move away if needed.
- Even a minor skirmish with BBSD might be enough, if I kill your personnel needed to complete.
- Federation might need a way to help move you along since they have battle restrictions

Thoughts? Comments? Am I insane? (well, yes, but I mean in regards to this)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Not sure this makes sense as a general rule -- too complicated--but, at a very fast first blush, I could see something like this as a card. It's certainly an innovative way of making opponent's end of the mission something functionally more than a blank.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]