This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
are there any rules of thumb for scouting locations as Borg that are any different from other affiliations? Especially in a TWBC deck where you only have one cube.

At a planet do you move your ship away in case God is there?

If attempting to assimilate homeworld the first time, do you move your counterpart away so his ship is protected? (assuming you won't pass all the dilemmas that turn?

I would assume you never include the coutnerpart in a scouting attempt unless there is only one dilemma left and you know you can pass it with his skills........

Any advice for space locations? Drop some crew off at a planet in case your ship gets blown up or Cytherianed?

I do know FF:Recovered is basically a must seed in a Borg deck.

I'll red shirt and red ship a lot with non-Borg, just wondering what best practices are in a deck with one cube, counterparts to protect, etc.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
:shifty: I can't give definitive answers, I'll leave that to others. But you raise some of the most prudent points already, yourself.

However, assimilate homeworld does not demand the counterpart to make planetfall! Leave him in orbit, at the very least! :borg:

PS: I always thought the verb was, "to (be) Cytherianated".
LOL!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
If you are playing [1E-TNG] [Bor] and you fear "God" Send your 3 ❖ [Bor] crew down, and move your cube away. The Dilemma does nothing and it goes on the mission making your Consume: Outpost or Consume: Resources that much closer to being done. Oh and by the way, you don't attempt missions, you scout them. So you can just move back and drop another 3 ❖ [Bor] crew and move away again.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:55 pm :borg:
JeBuS wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:12 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:15 pm Q of Borg allows you to ignore Cytherians.
Until he doesn't. :shifty:
What happened there?
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it a random kill that got him?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bump.

Why is Transwarp Hub the facility of choice to download to set up Harness? The Borg Outpost and Unicomplex can go to a space mission with no affiliation icons which seems to give a lot more choices than nebulas.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:11 pm Bump.

Why is Transwarp Hub the facility of choice to download to set up Harness? The Borg Outpost and Unicomplex can go to a space mission with no affiliation icons which seems to give a lot more choices than nebulas.
Because the Hub is still functional outside the delta quadrant and provides you with tactical speed to get to your next mission for the two objective win.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]