This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:48 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:53 pm Someone (unfortunately not me, at least not this month) should definitely PM you to set up a time to play a simple game with you -- you using your deck, your opponent using one of the Coming of Age Starters--and walk you through the basics. That's how we build the community: one player at a time!
Maybe this could be me, next week, during my daytime. Depending on what TZ you're in (that's a stupid question!), that might work. Are you up to speed with Lackey (Keii mentioned it already :thumbsup: ), or at least have it running?

I'm not the best person to learn strategy from, but I know old cards and I know Lackey. Also, I probably won't be the last person to teach you, so...

And, @Bagger , would one of my old Trad decks also be a good match-up? The CoA decks are really smooth, and they might be a bit too fast? If not, I can certainly do CoA -- I like 'em.
Do you have a nice sedate TNG trad deck? I haven't looked in a while, but I remembered them as being very 2002-feeling, and I think what's called for here is a very 1994-feeling deck. You're the best judge of that, though! Thanks for stepping up to welcome the new fellow.

(The Coming of Age starters are play 2 / draw 3, so not TOO fast.)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:04 amDo you have a nice sedate TNG trad deck? I haven't looked in a while, but I remembered them as being very 2002-feeling, and I think what's called for here is a very 1994-feeling deck. You're the best judge of that, though! Thanks for stepping up to welcome the new fellow.

(The Coming of Age starters are play 2 / draw 3, so not TOO fast.)
My TOT decks are all over the place -- but fast, they're not. Mechanics-wise, they sure have 2002-ish cards. Engine-wise, they each have some random antics, but structurally, I'd say they're at Premiere level. Play 1.3, Draw 1.2? :mrgreen:

By rtiger32
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I got lackey working, I think, but will take some getting used to.

As for how well the deck might do? I dunno. I can try to make it a bit faster, but I've never played a real game before.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]