This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Hello, and welcome to todays Friday Question!

For many of us, we have spent many an hour trying to complete our 1E collections, and for many of us that had spawned into other time-consuming collections!

Myself, it’s Lego’s Advanced Modular Buildings. I know that if I visit my friend Lofty, it’s Funko Pops on display.

So today’s question: Beyond STCCG, what other collections or collectibles do you take pride in?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I don't really collect stuff besides STCCG, but I guess the closest thing I could say I collect is book series. For instance, I'm quite proud that I own every book of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, including the stuff in graphic novel form as well as kids books like Where's My Cow? and the World of Poo.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm a CCG collector.

STCCG 1e and 2e are my primary games and I've been collecting those for years. I'm still a few cards away from complete collections of both, but I've gotten a lot closer over the last couple of years.

I've also re-ignited my interest in SWCCG, at least finishing my set of that as well. I have a ways to go still, but again, I've made some good progress in the last year or so.

My most recent "new" game is WWE Raw Deal CCG. I started playing in February 2021 and have grown my collection quite a bit in the 14 months since. I haven't sat down to put together sets yet, as I've been mainly acquiring cards to use in decks, but at some point I'll probably see what all I have and what I'm missing.

Unfortunately, both SWCCG and Raw Deal have some cards that are both really hard to find, and expensive if you can find them. So it may be awhile before I'm completely done, but that's ok... that's what the thrill of the hunt is all about! 8)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Transformers and Warhammer 40k for me. I have an unhealthy number of misc. games as well, but I don't know if it counts as 'collecting' per se...

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
A collect a lot of LEGO. I collect and build own creations of the so called modular buildings. ) volt trains, knights, city, ....

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't collect except as a byproduct of obsessing or playing something.

I have extensive selections of:
Heinlein's, Pratchett's and David Weber's books.
Legend of the Five Rings CCG
Magic The Gathering (this collection has actually been sold off thrice during hard times)
GURPS books (this collection has also been sold off during the lean years and is steadily rebuilding)
Legos (assorted, not a specific line)
Marvel comics from the late 90s. (Mostly X-Men titles)
My Little Pony CCG
Munchkin games from SJ Games, including a small collection of the Munchkin CCG.
Fluxx games, including TNG and DS9.
Assorted DnD miniatures and terrain. (I don't paint them, as my hands shake too much for it to be an enjoyable process)

And lots of STCCG, including a box of 2e.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
STCCG is it for me! Ordinarily, I scratch my collecting itch my accumulating data, not stuff.

A list of fan films I helped start many years ago, for example, has expanded substantially.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I've had many. Most of them Iäve sold after finishing them. I used to collect Marvel comics. After managing to collect all Swedish ever made ut to the year 2002 I decided to give it away as I knew all of them by hand anyway.

I also managed to collect all GIJOE, Star Wars models and Transformers (first and second edition) before letting them go to others that also needed them more.

Now I'm trying to find some really rare dance tracks on vinyl from the early -90's to scratch my itch. But other than that, I would say that I don't really car that much any longer for collecting. Though I should add that I have something in the line of 450 Board games =P
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Fun question. Oh, I do like to collect but thankfully I set limits. And I've focused more since the Pandemic, and the older I've gotten.

Star Wars CCG - I'm in the deep end of the pool on this one. Maker help me, I love this complicated game. Similar to my Star Trek cards, I've got a Very solid "player's" collection (vs completionist). My limit: I'm not necessarily interested in foils or AIs or Japanese cards. Just want to be able to play any deck for that day I get back into playing in person. One of these days I'll make it to a SW tournament in LA (about 2 hours from San Diego). In the meantime GEMP is a terrific community to play the game online.

Masterpiece Transformers - This is where my limits have held: I'm only collecting Season 1 to 3 Autobots. No Decepticons - what can I say, I've always liked the Good Guys. Love third party (FansToys!) bots as much as "official" Takara Tomy bots.

Major League Baseball New Era Fitted Hats - This collecting scene has exploded over the Pandemic. But my limits on this are on-field hats only (vs fashion MLB hats; which is 98% of the Boom) and I display my hats by division/standings. My love of graphic design and baseball mashed up - a very satisfying collection.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:22 amMyself, it’s Lego...
Enabran wrote:A collect a lot of LEGO.
It's Lego for me too, but more the space stuff from the 80s and 90s. Still, Lego is more of a crafting hobby than a collecting hobby for me, same as Trek is. I'll never have a complete Trek set, and that's fine with me.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
For about 15 years my biggest hobby was collecting Heroclix, although the tournament scene drying up and a recent overhaul to the rules (and scale of the miniatures) was my jumping off point. I still have a closet full of them and take them out to admire every now and then, but the era of hardcore tournament competitiveness has passed for me. I was pleased that TOS and TNG sets were released before the end though (I love my Trelain!)

Other than that I guess I 'collect' books (Cthulhu/Lovecraft collections, and White Wolf RPG books).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
For me it's:

• Star Wars Micro Collection (not Micro-machines). These were from Kenner's 1977-85 Star Wars toyline produced in 1982. It featured one inch tall die cast character miniatures along with elaborate plastic playsets and ships/vehicles. The vehicles/ships were made to 'blow apart' and had internal tether lines to keep the parts together. Sadly, the line was a failure and was discontinued. Of course, now we know it was just ahead of it's time, as proven with the very successful Micro-Machines Star Wars line.

• Indiana Jones action figures, even the KotCS ones.

• Many old and outdated CCGs and TCGs, including the new and already cancelled Transformers TCG. Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Sim City.

• Garbage Pail Kids... mostly old and vintage, but I have picked up a bunch of the newer ones to laugh at.

• Tin Lithograph toys, I find them fascinating.

• Axis and Allies: War at Sea Miniatures by WotC. Incredible World War II naval game. I'd still be running my custom card blog on facebook if my account hadn't been hacked. Pinterest has become the new home for my cards, although there is no attached blog and I have no clue if anyone is even aware of their existence on there. But I've gotten back to making new cards and buying new 3-D printed ships for my collection. Just ordered the last of my USN Battleships and a bunch of carriers.

• Star Trek Toys, Pre Jar-Jar Abrams stuff, mostly Playmates and Galoob since I recovered my childhood collection from my step mother, god bless her.

** I should note that I buy and sell Toys as a hobby, so I get to own all of my childhood favorites at some point... over and over and over again!**

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Does collecting snowmobiles count? Cause I have 3 now and looking for another :P

Outside of STCCG and Vs 2PCG, my youngest (6yo) and I just started playing Pokemon and Transformers. Not really collecting them since I'm printing and sleeving.

I USED to collect guitars and, at one point, had about 12 or 13. But I've sold them all off except my first and second.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:18 am
It's Lego for me too, but more the space stuff from the 80s and 90s. Still, Lego is more of a crafting hobby than a collecting hobby for me, same as Trek is. I'll never have a complete Trek set, and that's fine with me.
Outside of the 2 or 3 things from Megablocks (or whatever it is), there isnt any Trek lego, is there? Id LOVE to see an Enterprise, Defiant, or DS9 full lego sets. I dont believe it will happen due to licensing (I assume) but man that would be awesome.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:15 am
edgeofhearing wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:18 am
Outside of the 2 or 3 things from Megablocks (or whatever it is), there isnt any Trek lego, is there? Id LOVE to see an Enterprise, Defiant, or DS9 full lego sets. I dont believe it will happen due to licensing (I assume) but man that would be awesome.
Yeah, there's no official Trek LEGO. But that's okay, you just make your own.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]