This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:08 pm It is specifically the card named Khan.

-crp
If it said:

Seeds on table during facility phase; you may download U.S.S. Reliant. Once each turn, your Khan (or any personnel with his name in lore) may report for free aboard U.S.S. Reliant; at end of every turn, you must discard all other personnel you have in play. At start of each of your turns, if your Khan and The Genesis Device are aboard your U.S.S. Reliant, score 30 points (only 15 if opponent has any Kirk in play).

Would it work or would it need to use the convention 'any Khan'?

...if your any Khan and the Genesis... just sounds weird.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:15 pm
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:08 pm It is specifically the card named Khan.

-crp
If it said:

Seeds on table during facility phase; you may download U.S.S. Reliant. Once each turn, your Khan (or any personnel with his name in lore) may report for free aboard U.S.S. Reliant; at end of every turn, you must discard all other personnel you have in play. At start of each of your turns, if your Khan and The Genesis Device are aboard your U.S.S. Reliant, score 30 points (only 15 if opponent has any Kirk in play).

Would it work or would it need to use the convention 'any Khan'?

...if your any Khan and the Genesis... just sounds weird.
This actually why I needed clarification. If the "your" is there to prevent my opponents Khans and named-in-lore to report to my Reliant, the absence of "your" preceding Reliant seems to me allows reporting to my opponent's reliant. I was hoping your Khan implied "any Khan".

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Or possibly:
At start of each of your turns, if you have any Khan and The Genesis Device aboard your U.S.S. Reliant, score 30 points (only 15 if opponent has any Kirk in play).
Which avoids the "Your Any" problem by flexing the sentence a bit.

Cross post edit:

Wait, is this conversation about the first Your Khan or the second Your Khan?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
winterflames wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:15 pm Or possibly:
At start of each of your turns, if you have any Khan and The Genesis Device aboard your U.S.S. Reliant, score 30 points (only 15 if opponent has any Kirk in play).
Which avoids the "Your Any" problem by flexing the sentence a bit.

Cross post edit:

Wait, is this conversation about the first Your Khan or the second Your Khan?
Has to be second your Khan because first says:

your Khan (or any personnel with his name in lore) <- Khan Noonien Singh has Khan in lore.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation