This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:30 pm Just wondering. Played a game this weekend where I would have loved to give my opponent my Surprise Party and Traveler: Transcendence to force a draw out.

Thanks!
You can play your Traveler on their deck and make them draw extra cards.

You can target your opponent with your Kivas Fajo - collector.

You need old school cards to pull off these shenanigans... modern Design is too hip to such nonsense... :shifty:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:34 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:30 pm Just wondering. Played a game this weekend where I would have loved to give my opponent my Surprise Party and Traveler: Transcendence to force a draw out.

Thanks!
You can play your Traveler on their deck and make them draw extra cards.

You can target your opponent with your Kivas Fajo - collector.

You need old school cards to pull off these shenanigans... modern Design is too hip to such nonsense... :shifty:
Modern Design probably doesn't want to inadvertently create a combo like old-school Magic's Illusions of Grandeur/Donate combo.

EDIT: And before anyone brings it up, I know that Demonic Pact/Harmless Offering was in Standard for a little while.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023

Thanks!
Even if you could pass Surprise Party to opponent, the extra draw is a may so they could decline the draw.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 pm
nobthehobbit wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:39 pm Illusions of Grandeur
Can I just........... interject here for a second with a VERY off topic question...

What exactly is that bunny rabbit doing to the dragon?
The Dragon is the Bunny bolstered by magic power. That's the whole concept of the card.

But even if I'm wrong, who are you to judge what that bunny and that dragon do? Dragons and Bunnies need love too! Don't be a hater!

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can I just........... interject here for a second with a VERY off topic question...

Why does the bunny have to be DOING anything to the dragon? Why can't the dragon just be protecting the bunny? Or the bunny commanding the dragon? or spiritually projecting the dragon?

I am personally glad there aren't too many ways to force your opponent to draw out their decks. To me that's a pretty lame way to win the game. Of course if a player knows a person who does that too much they can come prepared with a Regenerate to balance that out. Certain players could also Process Ore

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:31 pm

Why does the bunny have to be DOING anything to the dragon? Why can't the dragon just be protecting the bunny? Or the bunny commanding the dragon? or spiritually projecting the dragon?

I am personally glad there aren't too many ways to force your opponent to draw out their decks. To me that's a pretty lame way to win the game. Of course if a player knows a person who does that too much they can come prepared with a Regenerate to balance that out. Certain players could also Process Ore
I generally agree with you. However, it was a home game that we don't time limit. I was up 75-0, my last two missions were trapped by edo probes. He had blown up my outpost and, while I could get it back, there was no reason to since he had attempted 5/6 missions and couldn't get passed my dilemma because of certain skill gaps in his attack deck. So, the game was dragging on to almost 2 hours at that point and there was little he was doing except drawing 1 card and passing. He eventually regenerated before and was cycling again. I could have called the end of the game, but he was convinced he could pull it off.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
There are two cards The Naked Truth (which is intended to be used to dump Mortal Q or Mortal Quinn on your opponent, but can be used to dump other personnel as well) and A fast Ship would be nice, which you can self-seed in order to give your opponent a ship.

Interestingly, the rulebook states that a commandeered ship's
affiliation changes to the affiliation of one of the personnel (your choice) in the commandeering crew or Away Team
but that this change "does not change until your personnel arrive to take custody of the ship" when A Fast ship would be nice is involved.

I'm not sure why you might want to do this. Maybe if you're using Condition Red and want to guarantee you get multiple ships downloaded to hand? (Perhaps you really only wanted the [DL] on the first ship , and you then dump it on your opponent so you can get a couple more?)

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Imagine you have a ship in your discard pile with some juicy special equipment.

Your [Bor] opponent reports a Borg Sphere to their Cube and launches it at their [1E-S] mission. They scout the mission, and happen to hit their self-seeded A Fast Ship Would Be Nice, and pass you the Sphere commandeered. Oops, you now have a ship at their mission. They then change plans and target the Sphere with Eliminate Starship. Upon probing they download Salvage Starship and probe and then select your ship from discard pile and gain the equipment and 30 points.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of setup, but the Fast Ship and the Eliminate are seeds, the salvage is DL'd so you just need to draw into to or otherwise download the Sphere and the Change. Sphere Encounter and Borg Queen are 2 such options.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
WeAreBack wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:21 pm I'm not sure why you might want to do this.
Two more possibilities (I'm sure there are yet more, this is off the top of my head):

-The Emperor's New Cheese. Donate a ship with a Cloaking Device to your opponent with some tech for getting aboard, then score arbitrarily many (bonus) points with seeded TENC

-Kazon decks with Boarding Party/Secondary Market. Score 30 points, draw 5 cards, and get your ship back.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
All great ideas. I don't know how I forgot using this same gimmick to give your opponent a terrible ship for the purpose of winning an easy space battle, such as if you want to complete Consolidate Power, considering I've posted about it before

For The Naked Truth the other idea that obviously comes to mind for me is giving your opponent one [Fed] c personnel). This not only keeps them from attacking you until they can either dump this loser on a planet somewhere, but from trying any Genesis Device shenanigans (at least at your missions, although I'm not sure why you would have [Fed] David Marcus in your deck if you had no other [Fed] cards) while making them vulnerable to things like Samaritan Snare.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]